1.    #1  
    what is the best one? MSNBC? NYT? NYT Front Page? USAToday?
    I use Wall Street Journal and NY Times. For in depth articles, nothing beats the NY Times. I have sports covered with Sporting News which is surprisingly more detailed and useful than ESPN.
    ITN News .... in the UK of course .......
    I agree, I think NY times gives you the best all around news.
    If you are interested in national political news, the Washington Post's "OnPolitics" channel is pretty good. It's more comprehensive (albeit more focused) than the NYT's channel, and it also features links to their top commentators too - Broder, Will, McGrory and Krauthamer, which give you a good idealogical spread.

CNN's channel is decent for a quick overview of events.

I like the NYT, but it's pretty uneven day to day. Also, the paper as a whole has tilted rather sharply to the left. This isn't just my opinion - other mainstream journalists have commented that its news pages have lost some of their objectivity.
    I like Reuters because it gives a quick overview of the news in categories you select and is updated throughout the day. It also has grainy little pictures to go with some of the stories. I agree however that NYTimes is better for in depth coverage.
    Reuters seems to have everything---

NYTimes is great too -- but I would have to agree they seem to be a little uneven in their coverage day to day AND they certainly lean HARD LEFT
    Fox news used to have an avantgo channel I think. I may have set it up manually. I don't remember. But they don't have one now. I think they're the most balanced and straight news out there right now. They give the news story without putting their political views behind every story.

Anyway, you could set up the channel manually.

- Burns
    Check out my page on Visors:
    Burn's Visor page
    Originally posted by Burns
    I think they're the most balanced and straight news out there right now. They give the news story without putting their political views behind every story.
    That's wack. They're right-wingers, period.

Everybody's got a bias, better to be aware of it and deal with it than to try and find a non-existent "unbiased" news source.
    Fox is available at Mobipocket now--

I think Avantgo had tech problems with them -- Seemed like they weren't syncing right--- Don't know which side the problem came from -- or if it was political--
    Fox chose to yank their AvantGo channel when they went through a series of layoffs anc cutbacks.

As for general news, Reuters, NY Times and ABC News are my favorites.
    I went local (Seattle Post-Intelligencer). It's not a bad read and they give e-mail addresses at the end of each article to send comments to the author.
    Yeah, I like the PI's channel too - better than the Seattle Times version, although I have both.
    K10k.com -- it's yummy (or it was - and will be again)
    [ trust ]
    [ DYSfunction8.com ]