1.    #1  
    hi, i am new in this community. i got a treo 680 2 days ago, and it works great.

but my problem is that the ringtone takes some time before it starts. i mean that first when i recieve a call the vibration starts and then about 5 seconds
    later the ringtone starts to sound.so i want the vibration and the ringtone start at the same time.

how can i fix that?
    is there any solution?

thx

PD: sorry for my english .
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Is this Treo a used device or brand new?

If this is a used Treo, I would suggest hard resetting it to get it back to factory condition.

Click on the following link to the kb.palm.com webpage for the article regarding

Resetting your device (Soft, System/Warm, Hard, In-Cradle, Power Down, Battery Disconnect, Zero Out)

The hard reset will erase all data on the Treo. Make sure you have sync'ed to backup your data.

If this is a new Treo, you will need to hard reset. If you are sync'ing to the same username in Palm Desktop as a differant model Palm device, it will bring over the settings from the old device and cause erratic behaviour.

You may need to hard reset your device and rename your backup folder. Go to Resetting your device (Soft, System/Warm, Hard, In-Cradle, Power Down, Battery Disconnect, Zero Out) and follow the directions to do a hard reset. Next before you hotsync your data back over you will need to rename your backup folder, to do that go here;

XP
    C:\program files\palm or palm one\[hotsync username]\ and rename your backup
    folder to backup.old

Vista
    Start-->documents\Palm OS Desktop\[hotsync username]\ and rename your backup
    folder to backup.old

Then hotsync to your current hotsync name and all your contacts, calendar,
    tasks, and memos will come back over.

Show file extensions for XP or Vista

XP
    If you can not view file extensions on your PC I would like you to open a
    folder go to Tools-->Folder Options--> View (tab) and under show hidden
    files and folders uncheck hide file extensions for known file types.

Vista
    Open control Panel go to Folder Options--> View (tab) and under show hidden
    files and folders uncheck hide file extensions for known file types.

For the support page for your Treo go to palm.com, click on support, phones, your carrier, this will take you to the support page. On the learn tab is a link to the user guide.