1.    #1  
    Anyone know the best way of getting conduit for other operating systems besides MS Windows or MacOS? I'm using BeOS more and more and would love to leave Winblows behind.

I can sync using PalmReflections. But I can't, for instance, download MP3s into my MiniJam. Of course I will contact them about it, but what's the liklihood that I'll get a response? ;-)

I think my Magellan GPS module will be ok. All those maps are PDBs, there's no desktop software involved (except the normal cradle syncing).

Thanks for any input!
    Has the latest version of Palm Reflections added USB support? I used to use PalmSync, but the 9600bps speed was killing me! I have since sold the serial cradle and reinstalled Windoze.
    "Life is what you experience between racing games"
    Galley
  3.    #3  
    Nope, it still doesn't do USB. I emailed Omicronsoft about the issue and they said it was due to lacking info from Be. I believe that, but I don't think I fully understand the situation. I mean, I have a USB mouse that works fine in BeOS. Go fig.
    They must've meant no info from Handspring since other 3rd party drivers have been written for USB such as ScanIt.
    "Life is what you experience between racing games"
    Galley
  5.    #5  
    Here's the reply:

>I am curious if PRPRPR $is$ $working$ $currently$ $with$ $USB$ $as$ $advertised$ $or$ $if$ $that$'$s$ $coming$ $later$. $I$, $of$ $course$, $have$ $a$ $Visor$ $and$ $the$ $USB$ $option$ $was$ $grayed$ $out$. $Can$'$t$ $wait$ $to$ $sync$ $in$ $BeOS$ $with$ $my$ $Visor$!

It is hard to tell what will become of USB support for PRPRPR. $We$ $hoped$ $to$ $get$ $some$ $support$ $from$ $Be$, $but$ $that$ $is$ $unlikely$ $to$ $occur$ $at$ $this$ $point$. $Once$ $we$ $hear$ $of$ $the$ $__final__$ $word$ $from$ $Palm$, $we$ $can$ $not$ $promise$ $this$ $feature$ $in$ $the$ $short$ $future$. $But$ $once$ $support$ $is$ $know$, $we$ $will$ $drive$ $forward$ $to$ $get$ $this$ $included$.

Looking forward to earn you as a customer.

Regards,
    John Tegen
    I sent another email to him asking for clarification.
  6.    #6  
    Interesting response from Innogear today:
    Bob,

Sorry, but we don't have the technical support manpower to give you the specs and follow up. Currently, we are not able to support developers of additional applications or short cuts. I could try myself, but I would spend too much time trying to find the file
    you are looking for. I have access but not the engineering knowledge.

Interesting concept ... but I'm betting you are the only one trying to do this. I would have to say, the Mac guys are also in line (and then there was that one Linux dude)!

Sorry I can't help.
    Scott Monfort
    Man, this bites. I wonder who that "one Linus dude" was? Maybe he's gotten further.