1.    #1  
    Is there a cheap (or better yet free way to same memos that have a longer character count than 4000?

I'm considering trying to paste my text into Eudora, and getting onto my second brain that way.

Doesn't seem like such an elegant solution. Are there any other ways known???

Thanks to all who might help!
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    Originally posted by marcusn
    Is there a cheap (or better yet free way to same memos that have a longer character count than 4000?

I'm considering trying to paste my text into Eudora, and getting onto my second brain that way.

Doesn't seem like such an elegant solution. Are there any other ways known???

Thanks to all who might help!
    Check out WordSmith. GREAT program!~

While WordSmith is, I believe, $29.95, you can continue to use it without paying, and utilize all of it's 'memo' components. You'll also be able to use it's doc reader, but you can only format text 200 times.

Seeing how you only want the Memo portion, this may help. I do not know if it allows you to save memos larger then the built in memo app., but you can always create a doc, which can be as large as you want, as long as your PDA has the memory capacity.

Hope this helps!

(WordSmith also happens to be, in my opinion, one of the greatest programs for Palm out there!)
    Try cryptopad. Lets you get around the 4K memo size limit and encrypt memos if you want.

Works very well, costs right, and there's also a desktop app that will let you view those long/encrypted memos on your PC.

On the flipside, the built in Find function doesn't seem to like the long and/or encrypted memos, so it causes a fatal exception. I ended up using FindIgnoreHack to tell Find to ignore Cryptopad.
    -----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
    Version: 3.12
    GS d-(+) s: a C++ UX++++V++S++ P+>+++ L>+++ E+>++ W++ N++(+++) o? K? w !O !M V-- PS PE Y+ PGP++ t++ 5++ X++ R+ tv++ b++(+++) DI++++ D+ G++ e+++>++++ h--- r+++ y?
    -----END GEEK CODE BLOCK-----