1.    #1  
    I'm a BlackBerry Curve user and my coworker uses a Treo 755p. I had a ringtone that he wanted to get, so I synced to his phone via Bluetooth and sent it to him. Problem is, we have no idea where it saved to. Looking at the sounds it doesn't show up there and neither of us know how to find it. We do know it's there however because when he presses the left side button it starts playing the ringtone. Any idea how to fix this?
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Did you go to prefs-sounds & alerts-click on the known caller and unknown caller to see if the ringtone is listed.

When you are on the same page in sounds and alerts, tap on manage and scroll down to see if you can find the ringtone.

Click on the following link to the kb.palm.com webpage for the article regarding Ringtones: changing, adding and managing on your Treo smartphone.

http://www.palm.com/cgi-bin/cso_kbURL.cgi?ID=19349

Go to palm.com, click on support, phones, treo 755P, select your carrier, and this will take you to the support page for your device.
    Last edited by cygnusx1; 05/12/2009 at 03:30 PM. Reason: add more info.
    So what format of ringtone does the BB Curve use? I'm betting it is an .mp3 and the Treo 755 can't use that format as a ringtone. You can make a ringtone from an .mp3 file using a 3rd party program. The side button on the 755 is set to default to the program Voice Recorder, which uses .mp3 files. If your friend has a file management program, they can use it to filter for .mp3 file type and find the tune. A free file management program is FileZ. They will then have to move the file to their storage card and use a 3rd party program, like MiniTones, to make a ringtone from it.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
  4.    #4  
    aha, it's an mp3. still not sure why it is on the voice recorder button, but I'll see if I can get him to download FileZ and find it that way. Thanks to both of you, I'm going to play around with it when he gets to the office and hopefully will get it resolved for him (if not, I'll be back on here)
    because the Voice Recorder plays .mp3 files along with Pocket Tunes, on the 755. Once he installs FileZ, he can filter the search to only look for .mp3 files in the phone memory, then move it to the card.

Here is FileZ: FileZ - Personal Productivity Centro Software & Treo Software
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.