1.    #1  
    Hello, My name is anthony , I joined this site because I believe there must be someone out there that has a solution for me. I have a Palm treo 755P, I have not backed up my data in about 6 months, and I have an issue with the phone not completely powering up. It seems to want to power up for about 5 seconds and then it turns off and then it tries again. I have sooooo much information,data, contacts,and photos that I do not want to lose!!! I noticed earlier today I had an error type message saying somthing like " Low memory, remove some date to get more space" or something like that, I think It might have been an e-mail I received that had a big file, I accidentally saved it to "Phone" instead to "card" and might be the reason I ran low on memory. I went to 2 sprint stores and they automatically said do a hard reset.. aghhhh, I didn't want to and don't want to until I exhaust all options. I hope that anyone with any good advice will help me! Thanks again. I have already tried warm reset, but it will not even stay powered long enough to get to screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by airestream View Post
    Hello, My name is anthony , I joined this site because I believe there must be someone out there that has a solution for me. I have a Palm treo 755P, I have not backed up my data in about 6 months, and I have an issue with the phone not completely powering up. It seems to want to power up for about 5 seconds and then it turns off and then it tries again. I have sooooo much information,data, contacts,and photos that I do not want to lose!!! I noticed earlier today I had an error type message saying somthing like " Low memory, remove some date to get more space" or something like that, I think It might have been an e-mail I received that had a big file, I accidentally saved it to "Phone" instead to "card" and might be the reason I ran low on memory. I went to 2 sprint stores and they automatically said do a hard reset.. aghhhh, I didn't want to and don't want to until I exhaust all options. I hope that anyone with any good advice will help me! Thanks again. I have already tried warm reset, but it will not even stay powered long enough to get to screen.
    I think this is outside of my range, but before I retire for the evening, I wanted to request a list of the things you've already tried.

I'd try removing the memory card, then rebooting. Unlikely fix, but we seem to be past the point of desperation and trying this won't hurt anything..
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Have you attempted a warm reset? A visit to the Palm site - support - gives directions on how to perform one. If you can perform the reset, you can then attempt to copy files from the device to the card.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Have you attempted a warm reset? A visit to the Palm site - support - gives directions on how to perform one. If you can perform the reset, you can then attempt to copy files from the device to the card.
    Last line. First post.

"I have already tried warm reset, but it will not even stay powered long enough to get to screen."
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Have you tried pulling the battery out for a minute or two and then putting back in?
    Your RAM filled up to zero remaining. You have to remove the battery and press and hold the up area on the D-pad while you reinsert the battery and hold up until the device boots up completely. Use Resco Explorer or Filez to delete the large file, that was loaded, from RAM.
    Godschoice, is this like booting into safe mode? I never knew this, thanks a lot. I hope the OP posts back to tell us if it worked.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    yes, warm reset is like a safemode.

here is what you do.

locate a program called cardBackup ..

Remove battery, replace battery. Press and hold UP key..keep holding UP.. once in safe mode/ warm reset, load up CardBackup or Filez, and backup your data.

THEN run a hard reset (youtube.com type in "treo hard reset" for info)..

After the hard reset. restore personal data from CardBackup or Filez, mainly messagesDB (sms) PhonecallDB (phone logs) CalenderDB, MemosDB, ContactsDB

*dig around for more filez that are important and restore it 1 by 1..

At this point, I would reinstall my programs to start fresh (and not do a full restore)
    thanks for that information. I use Resco Backup and it automatically backs up my phone every night at 3am. I use zLauncer and have the phone memory and the card memory %'s on the toolbar so I am always aware of what they are. A backup program is essential, particularly if you are not doing a daily hotsync.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    And do a backup on a regular bases from now on (and I am a good one to talk as I don't always do one)

George
  11.    #11  
    Hey Guys, Just wanted to thank all of you for the advice and input on my problem. I tried everything but the phone was completely out of memory, none left to even jump start the phone and power up. It literally would power for 4 seconds and then reboot and reboot. I was left with no choice but to do the hard reset. That fixed the phone! I will get the back up to memory card software and make sure this never happens again! all you guys have been very help full!! I appreciate your time.