1.    #1  
    i took my battery out to replace it with a higher charged one. once i inserted the battery the 700p went to a screen saying update rom yes or no, i tried both and it brought me to a eight block screen with three colors... I NEED HELP.. i tried every type of reset, kept the battery out for 72 hours, tried to hot sync it. nothing had a response.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Did you run any ROM updates for the Treo?

Did you get the "erase all data" message when doing the hard reset?

If you don't get the home screen on the Treo, it will not sync.

With this type of error, you may need to have the Treo replaced.

Try a hard reset again to see if you can recover the Treo.

For the support page for your Treo,
    go to palm.com, click on support, phones, Treo 700P, select your carrier.
    Quote Originally Posted by joshtuba View Post
    i took my battery out to replace it with a higher charged one. once i inserted the battery the 700p went to a screen saying update rom yes or no, i tried both and it brought me to a eight block screen with three colors... I NEED HELP.. i tried every type of reset, kept the battery out for 72 hours, tried to hot sync it. nothing had a response.
    i had the EXACT same problem when my phone went through the wash. i took it into the sprint store and the tech guy told me its gone. sorry.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Is there any way of flashing the 700p from Bootloader? I tried to update from 700p to 755p and now it resets over and over, I can only do a hard reset (pressing POWER when I put battery on) or the bootloader (pressing UP and SIDE buttons when I put battery on.) I know if there is an SD card it asks if update via SD...
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    When you run the ROM update, you can only use the update that is provided for your model Treo and carrier. You have flashed the ROM with an incompatible software update that usually makes your Treo a "brick".

Go to the support page for your device on palm.com and see if there is an update for your 700P. If there isn't, your phone is now non-functional.

Once on palm.com click on support, phones, 700P, your carrier, click on downloads tab and see if there is an update.