1.    #1  
    I've been using Versamaill 4.01 on a Treo 755p with active sync, going against my corporate exchange server, auto sync set to "as items arrive". Everything's been working fine for the last 5 or 6 months. This week, I changed my password for exchange (which I've done before). Naturally, Versamail's auto updates failed until I reset the password there, too.

But ever since, Versamail won't sync automatically. Every time I access VM, I get a pop-up that says "Please press the Sync button." I do, and get the initial sync screen. Everything appears to sync correctly, but when I exit VM, I again get the "Please press the Sync button" message.

And every time I enter or exit VM, the same thing happens again. It appears it's not resetting whatever flag it uses to let VM know the initial sync has taken place.

Has anyone seen this before? Any ideas, other than to delete and account and start over? Or re-install VM?

Thanks,
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    I've been using Versamaill 4.01 on a Treo 755p with active sync, going against my corporate exchange server, auto sync set to "as items arrive". Everything's been working fine for the last 5 or 6 months. This week, I changed my password for exchange (which I've done before). Naturally, Versamail's auto updates failed until I reset the password there, too.

But ever since, Versamail won't sync automatically. Every time I access VM, I get a pop-up that says "Please press the Sync button." I do, and get the initial sync screen. Everything appears to sync correctly, but when I exit VM, I again get the "Please press the Sync button" message.

And every time I enter or exit VM, the same thing happens again. It appears it's not resetting whatever flag it uses to let VM know the initial sync has taken place.

Has anyone seen this before? Any ideas, other than to delete and account and start over? Or re-install VM?

Thanks,
    did yoy ever get a fix for this? i get intermittent FAILS on my EAS sync.
    do you have AUTO LOCK on???
  4.    #4  
    Nope, no auto lock.

I finally ended up deleting the account, and then recreating it. The issue I was having with it ALWAYS treating the sync as an initial sync is gone.

But now I've lost the option to sync as messages arrive. The Auto Sync drop down, in preferences, only gives me the timed intervals, from 5 minutes to 12 hours. Not a terribly critical thing, but certainly annoying.

I guess my next step is to completely re-install the VM 4.0 upgrade and see if that fixes it.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    hmmn. i was having sync issues on EAS with my Sprint Centro (latest ROM). i was getting FAIL and PRESS SYNC button intermittently. i noticed my phone's Auto Lock which i always set for 2 hours kept getting deactivated after i enabled EAS. and i always reactivated it and EAS sync would eventually FAIL again. so i decided to leave Auto Lock OFF as in "NEVER" lock in Security settings and that SEEMS to have fixed it! (touch wood). i just started using EAS a couple of days ago so i'm still testing. what i think was happening is that my work Exchange Server was pushing a policy to my Centro regarding the Auto Lock and versamail didn't like it. strange but true.
    i also removed the built in native security password from my centro and have it set now at "Unassigned" and subsequently EAS has been syncing flawlessly for days. it's a beautiful thing.