1.    #1  
    A question to all you fellow hosers, or anyone else that doesn't live in downtown "mapopolis" for that matter. What mapping software do you use/can you recommend? I use a Prism, live in New Brunswick, and am trying to find decent mapping software that provides GPS support, and obviously allows me to use local maps. So far the only software I've seen so far is the Atlas 5.05 from GPSPilot @ http://GPSPilot.com. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find any postings/discussions about the software, making me wonder if there is anyone actually using it. I hope someone can help. Thanks.
    try going to palmgear.com and searching for mapping software
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for your reply Dampeoples. I have already checked both pamgear.com and Handago for mapping software, but unfortunately most of it is limited the U.S., Europe, and major centres.

I live and work in Atlantic Canada for which there are (as far as I know) no palm based mapping databases. So I'm in the market for a program that will allow me to scan or otherwise create local maps that I can download to my Prism. According to their website, GPS Pilot seems to be a reasonable solution to my problem, but I can't seem to find anyone out there that knows anything about them, which makes me wonder if anyone actually uses their software.

So I'm hoping to hear from someone that has experience with that particular, or a similar product.Hope someone can help me with this.

I was just at Mapopolis.com a few days ago and saw that they finally had some Canadian cities mapped out. I'm sure it's not as extensive as the maps for the US but they did have more than just Toronto..... Give it a look.

Cheers,

Ark.
    Originally posted by Arker
    I was just at Mapopolis.com a few days ago and saw that they finally had some Canadian cities mapped out. I'm sure it's not as extensive as the maps for the US but they did have more than just Toronto..... Give it a look.
    they do? where? i couldn't find any maps for anything not in the usa.

mc