Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Hey guys, what's up. Check This out, somehow I screwed up VersaMail and can't get it to start anymore. At first it was saying that "MMupgrade.prc is Missing...", so I dug around on my pc and found that file sitting in a folder named "3.0, or Versa Mail 3.0". So, I hotsynced that file, and now it gives me an error box saying, "A newer version of VersaMail is required". I've done a hard reset and it works after that, but when I hotsync it reverts back to not working. I don't know how to get it working again. Any ideas?? I know there are better apps for than VersaMail, but it's free, easy and simple to set up with my company email.
    Last edited by djraw; 05/05/2009 at 07:57 AM.
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
    Quote Originally Posted by djraw View Post
    Hey guys, what's up. Check This out, somehow I screwed up VersaMail and can't get it to start anymore. At first it was saying that "MMupgrade.prc is Missing...", so I dug around on my pc and found that file sitting in a folder named "3.0, or Versa Mail 3.0". So, I hotsynced that file, and now it gives me an error box saying, "A newer version of VersaMail is required". I've done a hard reset and it works after that, but when I hotsync it reverts back to not working. I don't know how to get it working again. Any ideas?? I know there are better apps for than VersaMail, but it's free, easy and simple to set up with my company email.
    If you'd cleared those Versamail-related program/installation/upgrade files from your folder before you Hotsynced (after that hard reset) you'd have the original version on your phone, again.

I suppose you could try that, again, now.

BUT FIRST (just occurred to me) I'll bet you could delete Versamail from your phone, then reboot it. That ought to put the original version of it back on your phone. That way you wouldn't have to do a full hard reset & Hotsync to get what you want back.

EDIT: You'd still need to clear those Versamail installation files from your Hotsync folder, though.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    If you'd cleared those Versamail-related program/installation/upgrade files from your folder before you Hotsynced (after that hard reset) you'd have the original version on your phone, again.

I suppose you could try that, again, now.

BUT FIRST (just occurred to me) I'll bet you could delete Versamail from your phone, then reboot it. That ought to put the original version of it back on your phone. That way you wouldn't have to do a full hard reset & Hotsync to get what you want back.

EDIT: You'd still need to clear those Versamail installation files from your Hotsync folder, though.
    Cool, but which files are they? I don't know all the associated filenames for versamail.
    Quote Originally Posted by djraw View Post
    Cool, but which files are they? I don't know all the associated filenames for versamail.
    I meant the stuff YOU installed or attempted to install.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    I meant the stuff YOU installed or attempted to install.
    Oh, ok. I'll try, but i don't even see how i can delete versamail.
    Judging by this (http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...mail-t650.html) and other online forum posts, there's no way to uninstall Versamail - even temporarily. Sorry about that.

So I guess the hard reset is your best bet. But, again, be sure to remove those update/installation files from your Palm/Hotsync folder on your computer, before you do your first post-hard reset Hotsync. Otherwise, you'll reopen the wound, so to speak.