1.    #1  
    I want to put a white AT&T case on my daughter's Verizon phone. I would think the casings are the same, but I'm not sure if the sim card makes the casings different. Anyone know?
    There's a thread about this somewhere.. someone successfully did it, there was a bit of modification involved, but nothing major, as far as I can remember. Do a Google. I'd track it down for you, but I'm mobile, & at work :P
    Well I looked around a bit & I saw a few how-tos for putting a dummy casing on an active phone, maybe that's what my (horrible) memory was recalling, but they might still be worth reading through.

Consider yourself warned though: swapping out the casing like that will void your warranty and probably get you declined on any insurance claim.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by fstopstigmata View Post
    Consider yourself warned though: swapping out the casing like that will void your warranty and probably get you declined on any insurance claim.
    That's a good point, but i wouldn't expect any warranty service on a Verizon phone that said AT&T on the front. Ha-ha

Well, if I can find one cheap, I will probably try it. Verizon only has one color and my daughter is bored with it.

This all started out because I was going to replace the front of the screen because of scratches on it. So I ordered a digitizer off of ebay, took the phone apart, and found that the Centro has a screen protector over the digitizer. There was talk about this early on, but it is a fact. So, the screen protector was damaged and not the digitizer. So I need to find something with a screen (screen protector) that is not scratched. I'm thinking, that even a phone with a broken screen would work, as long as the front of it is still intact and not scratched.
    I am not sure if the phone is still under warranty (ignoring the recent disassembly) .
    Since the manual explicitly directs one not to use a screen protector, they should replace this for you.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    I want to put a white AT&T case on my daughter's Verizon phone. I would think the casings are the same, but I'm not sure if the sim card makes the casings different. Anyone know?
    Hi,

I have changed my casing. One word of caution: Be very careful when you
    disconnect the cable. Centro can become very unstable if not done properly.
    There is a palm seal in one of the screws, and if you unscrew it, you will
    break the seal and it will void your Palm warantee. I am not sure if this will void
    your insurance, if you have one. It will depend on which insurance you have.

GSM casing and CDMA casing are different. I have changed Sprint Casing with
    Sprint Casing, but if I changed to AT&T, which is GSM, I would have lost my
    bluetooth antenna.

I gave the old phone casing to my nephew, who likes to play with it.
    He used to always attack my phone (only 1 year old) but now I just give him
    the old phone to keep him away from sucking on my phone.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks Mr. Bears. That is just what I needed to know. So maybe I will end up with a red Sprint casing for my Verizon phone. I know opening up the phone would cancel the warranty, but it's not under warranty.
    So sprint and verizon casings are interchangeable correct?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by bryyando View Post
    So sprint and verizon casings are interchangeable correct?
    Yes they are. I am going to put a Sprint casing on my daughter's beat-up Centro, just because I have an extra one. And it is really nothing to change things out. There is a good video on YouTube and I have taken them apart enough that it is pretty easy. LMK if you need any help.
    A link to said youtube video would be great.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by bryyando View Post
    A link to said youtube video would be great.