Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jbc28 View Post
    I have been playing with a friend's Centro while waiting for the USPS to deliver my wife's. I have noticed that I can't seem to make the calendar show the week's appointments on the main screen. It will only show that day's appointments. Am I missing something? I would like it to be like winmo's calendar plug in. I use Today Agenda on my 800w to clean up the today screen some.
    Keep pressing the Calendar button. It'll show day view, weekly, and monthly
    Nokia American Idol Phone< Motorola RAZR<Nokia Flip Phone<Sidekick Slide<Palm Centro<HTC Snap

Currently Enjoying: Palm Pixi
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cckgz4 View Post
    Keep pressing the Calendar button. It'll show day view, weekly, and monthly
    Thanks for the tip...I've figured that out.

Finally got the phone today.

What I really was trying to describe is when you go to the main screen it just says "no upcoming events" regardless of the next days appointments. Is there a way to have this plug in look ahead 7 days or so in the calendar? That's what my 800w does. Sorry if this is a trivial question....my knowledge of PalmOS is very limited. Although, I am liking it so far.

Thanks again.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Thanks for the tip...I've figured that out.

Finally got the phone today.

What I really was trying to describe is when you go to the main screen it just says "no upcoming events" regardless of the next days appointments. Is there a way to have this plug in look ahead 7 days or so in the calendar? That's what my 800w does. Sorry if this is a trivial question....my knowledge of PalmOS is very limited. Although, I am liking it so far.

Thanks again.
    If you want robust PIM functionality, strongly recommend Datebk. I've used it for years.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Little update...

Using versamail to check gmail IMAP. Seems to be working ok at the moment.

Installed the NVBackup software.

Ebay auction included the Garmin XT gps software and Palm gps puck. Upgraded the software to version 5. It works great on the Centro (also works on my 800w with or without the receiver), and I think my wife will really benefit from it.

Installed the facebook app. It is OK. Also set a bookmark to the mobile site for her.

Installed Goosync to sync her calendar to Google. It seems to work well. I may upgrade to do multiple calendar syncs.

Random thoughts/questions:

I like PalmOs. I have never used it before, but it is pretty slick. Although, I wish that it would multitask like WinMo.

Battery life seems to be better than WinMO. She has 3 chargers, so no excuse to run out of power.

I wish that PalmOS handled email and calendar notifications better in a more obvious manner like WinMO. I still need to explore options here.

Occasionally it will do a self imposed soft reset. It seems that it does it after using a large memory app like Garmin. Is this normal?

The phone ringer is loud as hell when set on max. I called her in walmart yesterday, and I tracked her down by the ringer sound.

The streaming music on Ptunes is pretty cool.

After using Opera Mobile on my 800w it seems that Blazer is just terrible. A new browser would be nice.

All in all, it is a great little smartphone.
    I wish that PalmOS handled email and calendar notifications better in a more obvious manner like WinMO. I still need to explore options here.
    Try finding the 2.2 version of AttnGrab. It's the most stable on the Centro.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdpuglisi View Post
    If you want robust PIM functionality, strongly recommend Datebk. I've used it for years.
    I installed this last night. It seems to be a great program. Thanks for the heads up. Is there a way to have its today screen take over and be the default for the phone? I could not seem to find a way last night.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I installed this last night. It seems to be a great program. Thanks for the heads up. Is there a way to have its today screen take over and be the default for the phone? I could not seem to find a way last night.
    Not for the phone AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK. $You$ $can$ $show$ $the$ $next$ $calendar$ $event$ $for$ $the$ $day$ $on$ $the$ $phone$ $display$. $From$ $the$ $phone$ $screen$, $Menu$-$Q$ $then$ $check$ $Show$ $Calendar$ $Event$.

To make the look ahead view the default for Datebk6, Menu-R -> Views and select "T" as the starting view.
    Apps like Butler and Apt allow you to reassign your phone button to anything you want.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Anyone have a random wake up problem with the Centro. I am sitting here watching it randomly wake up every 10 minutes or so....even after a soft reset. I thought that was just a WinMo thing.
    Anyone have a random wake up problem with the Centro. I am sitting here watching it randomly wake up every 10 minutes or so....even after a soft reset. I thought that was just a WinMo thing.
    Do you have email or something similar set to silent alert? The screen would still turn on with every new email.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    No, this is completely random. There were no notifications or anything. I have only loaded a little bit of software...Datebk, Kinoma, Garmin XT, facebook app, and NVBackup. I may have to do a hard reset and start over, I guess. Weird.
    Unless you buy/find a 3rd party application, Palm OS won't necessarily show the entire weeks worth of stuff. I've had it show several days if there was little or nothing on some of the days.

The default way to handle this in Palm OS is just to cycle through the Agenda view, daily view, weekly, monthly by pressing the calendar button repeatedly.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12