1.    #1  
    I recently purchased a Treo 755p after having a Treo 700p for several years. Now that I have almost everything set up, I would like to transfer my over 300 contacts from my old Treo to my new Treo 755p. What programs are available to use to do that? My computer's platform is Windows Vista Ultimate.
    Just beam them over or hotsync them over. Before you hotsync though, make sure you install the disk for the new 755 you do not want to unistall the current one on your pc and do not hotsync before you install the new disk.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Quote Originally Posted by joe_wicks_jr View Post
    I recently purchased a Treo 755p after having a Treo 700p for several years. Now that I have almost everything set up, I would like to transfer my over 300 contacts from my old Treo to my new Treo 755p. What programs are available to use to do that? My computer's platform is Windows Vista Ultimate.
    I'm not sure what RickMG means by suggesting you just Hotsync them over but whatever you do, please back up your contacts somewhere, somehow, first!

That's way too many contacts to lose (I've had some accidentally duplicate themselves; not cool).

The only way I know of is to use Palm Desktop to export the contacts from one account to csv format or something, then import those same contacts into another account on Palm Desktop.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    I'm assuming (shouldn't do that I know) that he is going to use the same user name for both phones and if he installs the new Palm Desktop on top of his old one (again, I'm assuming that he's been syncing his phone) he will just have to hotsync and all the info should transfer over. There is no need for any other programs. I guess I should've made sure he backed up the 700p some way prior to hotsyncing, like NV Backup. Still, the easiest way is to just beam the contacts over.
    Last edited by RickMG; 04/29/2009 at 10:16 PM.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Ah. I see.

I've always used different device names. But then, I keep using both in one way or another.

I thought that beaming so many contacts would take a really long time, but maybe not.

I should've talked to you before I bought my 755p.
    You can beam all of them by category, you don't have to beam one contact at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    You can beam all of them by category, you don't have to beam one contact at a time.
    I know. It just seems like a long data transfer either way.
    Last edited by west3man; 04/30/2009 at 06:54 AM. Reason: Inserted omitted word