Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I am running Ultra VNC 1.0.5.6 and PalmVNC 2. Behind my router are 3 computers, 1 Desktop running XP Media Center Edition, and my laptop running XP home edition. I can log into the desktop with PalmVNC just fine. I can not log into my laptop running XP Home Edition though. When I connect here is what I get:

Opening the network..skipped
    Connecting to xxxx.xxxxx.org:5901
    Network connected
    VNC currentserver supports protocol RFB 003.006
    PalmVNC supports003.003

VNC connection failed: your connection has been rejects/
    Error: cannot initialize xxxx.xxxx.org:5901
    Network Performance statistic:

sent 12 bytes
    recv 0 Kbytes
    send speed 1200 bytes/sec
    Receive speed 120 bytes/sec
    Connection closed.

I installed the same Ultra VNC on both computers on the same day, as far as I can tell they are configured the same way.

I have my home router configured that if a connection comes in on port 5901 it gets forwarded to my laptops 5900 port (works fine behind the reouter side between my laptop and desktop)

Any suggestions?

Also does anyone else have problems editing a connection setup? i can set up a connection just fine, but when I go to edit it, my palm 755p just hangs :-(

Thanks for any suggestions
    windows firewall could be an issue. Also, you have to forward a different port to the other computer on your router and set up the 755 and computer accordingly. Sometimes it is just a pain, but it is sweet when it works.
    It sounds like you have already set up the seperate ports for each PC and since you can get it to work from inside the router/firewall, you know that Ultra UNC server is working on the XP Home PC.
    I would focus on the Palm VNC config on your Treo. There most be something wrong there. I have never had a problem editing the config on my 650, 680 or Centro.
    What release of Palm VNC 2 are you running? I'm using 2.0.6-Dev Build 232
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I do have have the ports forwarded correctly, and it looks to me that the PalmVNC is getting through to my laptop okay since it does say that it made the connection but the type was wrong (003.003 vs 003.006) for the protocol I am not sure what that protocol is.

For my WIndows firewall, it is set up to allow the UVNC, does it need to be told to handle the PalmVNC as well? I also have an anti-virus with firewall that allows UltraVNC to run, which again I would think is fine, but please advise if otherwise.

I am running PalmVNC 2.0.5 build 214. Where do I get the higher builds? I downloaded this verison from the PalmVNC website.

From what I have read on there it looks like Palm VNC is superior to Mocha VNC, what are your thoughts? I supposed though that if I can't get PalmVNC to connect correctly, the other may be my only choice to connect to the laptop.

I am also using dyndns as I have a dynamic ISP from my service provider, but I also use the dyndns for the office computer as well, that is how I log onto is is by pointing PalmVNC to that URL as well and again it works fine.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I see the 2.0.6 build 232, I am going to install that and give it a whirl.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I installed the 2.0.6 build 232. I still can not edit an existing connection without my phone hanging up, and needing reboot. When I tired to connect I received the same results. I did however get a different message when connecting to my laptop, it had all of the other message but now it also says:

VNC connection failed: This server does not have a valid password enabled. Until a password is set incoming connections cannot be accepted.

I do have a password on my laptop server, and it is the same password that I have on the desktop.

Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I downloaded the Mocha VNC, and it seems to work fine for accessing both computers. I'm not sure what the deal is with Palm VNC. I do agree that the Palm VNC is better!
    Quote Originally Posted by brohan View Post
    I downloaded the Mocha VNC, and it seems to work fine for accessing both computers. I'm not sure what the deal is with Palm VNC. I do agree that the Palm VNC is better!
    Glad to hear that you got Moca VNC to work for you. I've never tried that one and would be curious to hear how it compares to Palm VNC 2.

I might be stating the obvious but did you try uninstalling Palm VNC 2 completely and installing 2.0.6 build 232 again to see if you can edit the config and connect to your laptop?
    Anyone experience a problem exiting out of Palm VNC?