1.    #1  
    Can someone help me in this? I have a Sprint Treo Pro, which has an 3.5mm headphone jack. I'm trying to use it as a feed for a conference call. I want to take audio from a line-out jack on a Yamaha Pro Audio Mixer Board and send it thru my Treo. That way, someone can call my phone, and I just hook the live feed of a meeting to my Treo and they can listen in. I've tried taking a standard 3.5mm male jack and plugged it into my Treo, but it's not working due to the jack on the Treo is different than my 3.5mm cable.

Sorry if I'm not clear. I know what I want, just not sure how to express it. Basically, 3.5mm cable from Mixer to Treo, and send audio thru Treo, as opposed to taking audio from Treo to Mixer.

TIA,
    Larry
    Last edited by Malachi; 04/26/2009 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Correct adaptor size
    I don't think the Treo Pro can do this.

The 3.5mm jack is output only on that device and so you can't run a line into the phone to feed audio.

I think on an 800w you can use the USB host adapter + USB audio, which then gives a microphone input option--that should be able to work...but that's a different device and USB host doesn't work on the Treo Pro.

sorry

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  3.    #3  
    Mal, thanks for your reply. I really appreciate your help.

One question though. If I plug in a wired headset/mic into that jack, then it does work, correct? It basically takes your voice coming into the mic on the headset and sends it to the phone. So, there must be one of the rings in the jack that accepts audio in, right? So, I'm thinking, if I take a wired headset/mic and splice into it correctly I should be able to attach another male 3.5 mm connector to the other end of the wire and plug that into my line-out and send sound to the phone, right? Sorry, hope I didn't lose you, I'm not the best at putting my thoughts into words.

Anyway, if I was good at splicing and soldering I could rig up an adapter, but I'm not and was hoping there was something already out there.

If that helped to explain things, maybe you know of something that would do this. If not, thanks anyways.