1.    #1  
    Is there a replacement camera application? The camera app right now is awefully slow....the pictures aren't very big yet it takes forever! (Palm centro, verizon, btw)

Another thing. What is the best way to speed up the browsing on this thing? Are we palm centro users limited by the web browser (since no one has made a good one yet). Just wondering why it's so slow, horribly horribly slow. It takes forever to download pages. I can do normal downloads at a pretty good speed...not too great. I think half way to what I'm supposed to be getting on the verizon 3g.

Web browsing would be way way better if it actually downloaded web pages fast. My dad has the first generation iPhone, which means his download speed is way slower. yet he can load a FULL web page with all the images and everything when I'm just half way done with mine. His is like 3 seconds, mine is 7 seconds >_>
    I don't have a answer for you. But, there was another thread here that may have some information for you. Look here;

http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...nt-centro.html

I didn't read through the whole thread. I think the information was for Sprint phones, but it may have also mentioned Verizon phones.
    Maybe it's because I'm on Sprint.. Maybe because 3G is very strong everywhere in my area... but my Blazer is an incredibly fast browsing experience. Do you know anyone with a Centro on the Sprint network? Maybe you could make some comparisons. The speed of your browser really just depends on your data connection, so I'm sure it's a Verizon/location issue.
  4.    #4  
    Is that with blazer set to "optimized page mode" or "normal mode"? My pages actually load way faster in "normal mode" than optimized mode. I just found this out since I've had it set to optimized mode forever.

But the problem with normal mode is that it loads the pages like a normal browser and since blazer is a crappy browser it's hard to browse web pages and some of them don't load nicely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidiot View Post
    Is that with blazer set to "optimized page mode" or "normal mode"? My pages actually load way faster in "normal mode" than optimized mode. I just found this out since I've had it set to optimized mode forever.

But the problem with normal mode is that it loads the pages like a normal browser and since blazer is a crappy browser it's hard to browse web pages and some of them don't load nicely.
    Yea, normal mode loads a tad bit quicker, just because Blazer doesn't have to take that extra step to redraw everything to fit a single 320px column.. but it shouldn't by any means affect speed enough to actually be overly bothersome, as the OP seems to be experiencing.
    Blazer on a Verizon Centro works very good for me. I am in a good EVDO area though. I use both normal and fast and there isn't much difference.

I also don't see any problems with the camera app. What exactly "takes forever?" You can set the resolution to 1280 x 1024 and the pictures look very good for a cell phone, especially outside daytime photos. It takes a second or two to take the photo, but it seems reasonable.

Also, don't mess with the settings they talk about in the "Horrible Browsing experience" thread. They don't apply to Verizon. But, make sure your browser cache is set to 8mb under preferences/advanced.