1.    #1  
    Hey I'm a newbie Treo 650 user. I bought a used unlocked cingular treo 650 from ebay and I'm using a T-mobile sim. I was wondering if there was a way to completely remove the cingular apps. It's not a serious problem but it is sort of annoying to have to go through the Cingular apps and I'm a bit OCD with technology...

I hear you can do it with custom roms... true or false?

Any help would be MUCHO appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
    -Armani
    Last edited by acidEsdot; 04/24/2009 at 02:08 AM.
    You can definitely remove them with a custom rom; I've done this on both 650 and 680. The process is well documented and if you search for "650 Custom Rom" in the 650 forums here, you will find it.

The only thing I want to add is that if you really are not into getting into the bits and bolts of it, I wouldn't recommend it.
    While the process has been packaged and documented well, it's kind of like installing LINUX -- unless you have some idea, or curiosity, of what is going on under the covers, it is bound to be a bumpy ride.
    Just my $.02, though.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisl View Post
    You can definitely remove them with a custom rom; I've done this on both 650 and 680. The process is well documented and if you search for "650 Custom Rom" in the 650 forums here, you will find it.

The only thing I want to add is that if you really are not into getting into the bits and bolts of it, I wouldn't recommend it.
    While the process has been packaged and documented well, it's kind of like installing LINUX -- unless you have some idea, or curiosity, of what is going on under the covers, it is bound to be a bumpy ride.
    Just my $.02, though.
    Hey thanks!
    I'm a tech junkie so I'm really interested in learning how to do it... the more difficult, the more fun...
    Check out the self-installed ENA 1.20 firmware. You can flash to that (which removes alot of apps) through the SD card.
    I have a treo 650 that i bought used from my friend. he didnt have the software cd,Ive been searching everywhere for it but cant find it. The phone is an unlocked one(whatever that means)my provider is T-mobile. I bought the phone so i can use the web and check out my email accounts, so far i cant do anything except make a call and do text/pic messages.i want to do more. Ive gotten to the point in the install process of the hotsync manager it is asking for a password that i dont have. then it tells me the program has been interupted. will someone please help me figure this out b4 i smash it.
    [QUOTE=flashman2009;1603350]I have a treo 650 that i bought used from my friend. he didnt have the software cd,Ive been searching everywhere for it but cant find it. The phone is an unlocked one(whatever that means)my provider is T-mobile. I bought the phone so i can use the web and check out my email accounts, so far i cant do anything except make a call and do text/pic messages.i want to do more. Ive gotten to the point in the install process of the hotsync manager it is asking for a password that i dont have. then it tells me the program has been interupted. will someone please help me figure this out b4 i smash it. aNY AND ALL HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED thE NETWORK HOTSYNC IS ASKING TO CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT ON MY PC NOW IT WANTS A PASSWORD FOR THE HANDHELD.NOW IT SAYS I CANNOT SYNCRONIZE WITHOUT A VALID PASSWORD. WHAT DO I DO NOW. ANYONE? ANYONE? PLEASE HELP I DONT WANT TO THINK I JUST WASTED MY TIME AND MONEY ON THIS PHONE. iTS SUPPOSED TO MAKE THINGS EASIER NOT MORE DIFFICULT
    Last edited by flashman2009; 05/15/2009 at 04:10 PM. Reason: NEED MORE HELP
    [QUOTE=flashman2009;1603350]I have a treo 650 that i bought used from my friend. he didnt have the software cd,Ive been searching everywhere for it but cant find it. The phone is an unlocked one(whatever that means)my provider is T-mobile. I bought the phone so i can use the web and check out my email accounts, so far i cant do anything except make a call and do text/pic messages.i want to do more. Ive gotten to the point in the install process of the hotsync manager it is asking for a password that i dont have. then it tells me the program has been interupted. will someone please help me figure this out b4 i smash it. aNY AND ALL HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED
    go to YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. and type in "treo hard reset""

Use the first link from the search...

You need to hard reset it to remove the password