1.    #1  
    My wifes phone resets at least a couple times a day and once a week it completely loops out to where we have to do a hard reset. My wife has resorted to sync a couple times a day to save her work. I'm going to the Pre when it comes out but my wife doesnt want to be a beta tester. Isn't there a program out there that will tell me what was causing the phone to reset so I can then diagnois the problem? Any help would be appreciated...by the way my 755 worked flawlessly and I had what she had in way of extra programs and more, so not sure what could be different? We have exchanged the phone 4 times and still no fix. Let me know, thanks

Ken
    You could try Safeguard
    Yeah, Safeguard would be a good place to start. My guess is she is restoring back the same app that is causing the resets. She might also want to check out the most recent update for the 755p, which was suppose to offset repeating resets caused by ROM apps.
    All for One and One for All!
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Are you sync'ing the 755P to the same username in Palm Desktop as an older device?
    If you are, this will cause problems on the new device. When you sync the device, it saves the device settings, 3rd party apps, preferences, etc. in the backup folder in the username folder on the PC. When you sync the new device it copies the contents of the backup folder for the old device to the new device. This will cause corruption in the settings for the new device thus causing erratic behavior of the new device.

You may need to hard reset your device and rename your backup folder. Go to Resetting your device (Soft, System/Warm, Hard, In-Cradle, Power Down, Battery Disconnect, Zero Out) and follow the directions to do a hard reset. Next before you hotsync your data back over you will need to rename your backup folder, to do that go here;

XP
    C:\program files\palm or palm one\[hotsync username]\ and rename your backup
    folder to backup.old

Vista
    Start-->documents\Palm OS Desktop\[hotsync username]\ and rename your backup
    folder to backup.old

Then hotsync to your current hotsync name and all your contacts, calendar,
    tasks, and memos will come back over.

Show file extensions for XP or Vista

XP
    If you can not view file extensions on your PC I would like you to open a
    folder go to Tools-->Folder Options--> View (tab) and under show hidden
    files and folders uncheck hide file extensions for known file types.

Vista
    Open control Panel go to Folder Options--> View (tab) and under show hidden
    files and folders uncheck hide file extensions for known file types.

Do you have any 3rd party apps installed? Incompatible apps. can cause the issue of looping resets. By renaming the backup folder, this will not install the 3rd party apps that are in the backup folder.
    If you want to install the 3rd party apps. install them 1 at a time and see if one of them is causing the looping.

For the support page for your Treo, go to palm.com, click on support, click on view all devices, click on treo, click on your carrier and it will take you to the support page for your Treo.