1.    #1  
    I was wondering what is a good browser to use on the treo.
    Blazer.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    too funny
    There really is not another alternative that works - the Java environment ones are not any better.
    I wasn't being sarcastic in my response. Blazer is pretty much the only decent choice available. Xiino may be another choice, but it doesn't handle encoding and certain frame and CSS definitions very effectively. I've used Xiino in the past but always ended up going back to Blazer. However, YMMV.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    There really is not another alternative that works - the Java environment ones are not any better.
    Interesting ...

I didn't use any Java based browser, although there is only the MO, but I heared that they are far suprior to any other alternative ...

Any more information?
    The classic "search" will find you bunches of information on the Java environment, browsers and games. There really is not a lot more out there than that, though there are a few business applications, but few and far between.

Anyway, there is Opera and it has a set of issues that few are willing to deal with over an extended period of time. I was not and I put up with Java for just short of 6 months before saying enough is enough. Most do not believe that Opera has serious problems until they use it and then they find that it may be "faster," but it sure crashes and freezes a lot.
    Java on PalmOS just sucks.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    i have pretty good reliability with Java, and the latest Opera version for the 680 from the Opera.com site.

v 4.2.14320, 20090512

i have found a few key 'actions' that may cause Opera to freeze, and some workaround. for example...

when entering text into a field, like a username field, DON'T hit the Option button! and yes, that means no usernames / passwords with numbers.

however, if you leave the text entry window, by hitting the OK button, then hit the option button, then go back into the text window to type the number it seems to work without crashing.

there are some others i have found, but this is the most frequent.

does anyone know if there has been a list compiled of the things NOT to do when using Opera... which have been found to make it crash or whatever... ?
    Im using Opera and it works pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by chacalau View Post
    i have pretty good reliability with Java, and the latest Opera version for the 680 from the Opera.com site.

v 4.2.14320, 20090512

i have found a few key 'actions' that may cause Opera to freeze, and some workaround. for example...

when entering text into a field, like a username field, DON'T hit the Option button! and yes, that means no usernames / passwords with numbers.

however, if you leave the text entry window, by hitting the OK button, then hit the option button, then go back into the text window to type the number it seems to work without crashing.

there are some others i have found, but this is the most frequent.

does anyone know if there has been a list compiled of the things NOT to do when using Opera... which have been found to make it crash or whatever... ?
    add to that list":
    -do not touch any button/screen when loading pages
    -try to use your 5-way/keyboard to navigate instead of using touch screen.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    oh yeah, good one! gneral rule, don't touch ANYTHING while a page is loading