1.    #1  
    When I picked up my phone this morning, I got a pop-up message that my phone needed to be updated for Vision services. I clicked okay, and it went through what seemed to be a download with a progress bar. When it finished, the phone attempted to reboot, but seemed to get stuck in some kind of loop. I pulled out the battery, it rebooted, and seemed ok.

Since then, twice I've gotten the same kind of message, but this time, no update seems to take place if I click ok. Instead, I get this error message: "Error 1012. Could not prepare Vision Services..."

Any ideas what this might be?
    Palm Pilot --> Palm M130 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 650 --> Palm Centro --> PALM PRE!
    It sounds to me like you have Sprint. From what you are describing it seems that the ROM on your phone is not set for SMS etc. I would bring it in for a ROM flash at the Sprint store.
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnL_ View Post
    When I picked up my phone this morning, I got a pop-up message that my phone needed to be updated for Vision services. I clicked okay, and it went through what seemed to be a download with a progress bar. When it finished, the phone attempted to reboot, but seemed to get stuck in some kind of loop. I pulled out the battery, it rebooted, and seemed ok.

Since then, twice I've gotten the same kind of message, but this time, no update seems to take place if I click ok. Instead, I get this error message: "Error 1012. Could not prepare Vision Services..."

Any ideas what this might be?
    Sprint is trying to update your Vision services (Profile). You need a good signal to get it to fully download and complete the update.

You can manually force the provisioning update by going to the Phone app and dial ##3282# and then hit the Menu button and scroll down to "Update Vision Profile" and select it.

Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    Sprint is trying to update your Vision services (Profile). You need a good signal to get it to fully download and complete the update.

You can manually force the provisioning update by going to the Phone app and dial ##3282# and then hit the Menu button and scroll down to "Update Vision Profile" and select it.

Thanks treotraveler! I just did it on my Sprint Centro and it successfully updated.

-MW
  5.    #5  
    I'm all fixed up now -- thanks for the responses
    Palm Pilot --> Palm M130 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 650 --> Palm Centro --> PALM PRE!
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    That doesn't work at all for my Sprint Centro.
    You know... I didn't even know that the ##DATA screen had the manually update option for Vision services. Fixed me right up. Thanks chum.