Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    So I have been a long-time user of TCPMP until I recently needed to open a high-def video and some flash videos (.flv). Well, I always wondered about CorePlayer but didn't really want to even "try" it bec. they don't have a free trial -- you have to buy it. (I guess their logic is that TCPMP is a free trial.) Well, if you read the fine print (refund policy) from CorePlayer:

    CoreCodec, Inc. Refund Policy | CoreCodec.com - Ubiquitous P

    Our refund policy applies only to software purchased directly from CoreCodec, Inc. and our lead reseller Mobihand.com. If your software was purchased through another 3rd party or reseller, it must be returned to that 3rd party or reseller, which may in turn be subject to different return policies.

    To request a refund, please register and contact our support team @ CoreCodec, Inc. Support Suite



    you'll see that you can get a refund if you don't like it, it doesn't work, etc. AS LONG AS YOU PURCHASED IT FROM THEIR WEB SITE OR THROUGH MOBIHAND.

    Well, I thought I would take them up on that offer, and, WOW!!! I'm so impressed.

    CorePlayer opens up high definition flash files (so you can skip the whole conversion process to mp4) and has a really great UI.

    Just thought I would pass that along, for those who want to get more out of your Palm device.

    Ocassionally, Mobihand has 20% off using a code -- somehow I was lucky enough to get mine over the weekend w/o even having to enter one in.

    (And, no, I won't be seeking the refund. )
    .
    .

    m505->650->755p with bluetooth, VoiceDialIt, Garmin GPS, PdaReach, skinUI, FontSmoother, TAKEphONE, 4cast, 2day, 2dial, TouchLauncher, TealWheel, Chatter, OperaMini, PowerHero, Butler, NVBackup, Destaller, Apt, Warden, CardReader, pTunes, CorePlayer, Kinoma, MunduRadio, Ringo, DateBk6, HandyShpr, PktQuicken, PearPrivacy, MegaCalc&Clock, KeyCaps755, AlwaysOn, LEDOff, PhoneDisconnect, WebLinks, McPhling, PalmPDF, eReader, some phwelo stuff & nearly 30 games, due to LinkStart, w/an 8GB card.
  2. #2  
    yeah its great piece of software. highly reccomend it simply bec of the variety of video formats it can handle.
  3. LarryF's Avatar
    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by patti30 View Post
    yeah its great piece of software. highly reccomend it simply bec of the variety of video formats it can handle.
    Agreed! I've found also that Coreplayer tends to run some videos more smoothly that TCPMP, and that it deals better with some flavors of MP4, that the older software will *not* play.

    Larry
  4. #4  
    What about MMPlayer? I'm seriously considering buying it right now, mostly on the basis of price.

    I was really leaning towards CorePlayer, but I can't justify being so broke and spending that kind of $$ on a video player...
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by m3talrabbit View Post
    What about MMPlayer? I'm seriously considering buying it right now, mostly on the basis of price.

    I was really leaning towards CorePlayer, but I can't justify being so broke and spending that kind of $$ on a video player...
    i cant really say about mmplayer coz i have never tried it. coreplayer and kinoma are the best out there in my experience coz i have both.

    you can try the free version of coreplayer AKA tcpmp
  6. #6  
    So I did it. I made the plunge and bought CorePlayer for my Centro. I sweat bullets these days whenever I spend money on anything other than basic necessities, so of course I was really counting on things to work out right the first time. I would like to say what a great program it is but have yet to actually use it!

    Here's the letter I sent to support. I guess I could have been nicer, but little pet peeve of mine, when I spend any money on a piece of software, I kinda expect it to work right "out of the box"...



    New customer here and I am NOT happy right now guys! I can't use the program I just paid almost $30 for.

    When I first tried to run CorePlayer after installing to my Centro it said "out of memory!" and crashed my phone. Not a good start.

    After my Centro rebooted, I opened CorePlayer again and was prompted to enter my serial number, as expected. With a sense of foreboding I painstakingly entered my serial number EXACTLY as it appeared on my receipt... no good. Tried entering "O" for all the zeros. Nope, still no luck.

    $30 is a lot of money for me to spend on anything and the decision to buy your product was not an easy one to make, so please help me justify my purchase by helping to resolve this issue soon.

    Thank you,

    - Me -


    Hopefully i'll get a response soon, everything will be fixed and I will be happy and impressed with my frivolous purchase.

    ...stay tuned!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by m3talrabbit View Post
    When I first tried to run CorePlayer after installing to my Centro it said "out of memory!" and crashed my phone. Not a good start.

    After my Centro rebooted, I opened CorePlayer again and was prompted to enter my serial number, as expected. With a sense of foreboding I painstakingly entered my serial number EXACTLY as it appeared on my receipt... no good. Tried entering "O" for all the zeros. Nope, still no luck.
    Can't address your registration issue but I had the memory problem you descibed happened to me when I booted Garmin. I'm guessing you just had too much cached or not enough memory available at that exact moment when installing CorePlayer. Not that you want to hear that what you experienced was normal, but it shouldn't happen again. I believe it is more in response to the phone/hardware limitations than the software. All the best.
    .
    .

    m505->650->755p with bluetooth, VoiceDialIt, Garmin GPS, PdaReach, skinUI, FontSmoother, TAKEphONE, 4cast, 2day, 2dial, TouchLauncher, TealWheel, Chatter, OperaMini, PowerHero, Butler, NVBackup, Destaller, Apt, Warden, CardReader, pTunes, CorePlayer, Kinoma, MunduRadio, Ringo, DateBk6, HandyShpr, PktQuicken, PearPrivacy, MegaCalc&Clock, KeyCaps755, AlwaysOn, LEDOff, PhoneDisconnect, WebLinks, McPhling, PalmPDF, eReader, some phwelo stuff & nearly 30 games, due to LinkStart, w/an 8GB card.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofdatreo View Post
    So I have been a long-time user of TCPMP until I recently needed to open a high-def video and some flash videos (.flv). Well, I always wondered about CorePlayer but didn't really want to even "try" it bec. they don't have a free trial -- you have to buy it. (I guess their logic is that TCPMP is a free trial.) Well, if you read the fine print (refund policy) from CorePlayer:

    CoreCodec, Inc. Refund Policy | CoreCodec.com - Ubiquitous P

    Our refund policy applies only to software purchased directly from CoreCodec, Inc. and our lead reseller Mobihand.com. If your software was purchased through another 3rd party or reseller, it must be returned to that 3rd party or reseller, which may in turn be subject to different return policies.

    To request a refund, please register and contact our support team @ CoreCodec, Inc. Support Suite


    you'll see that you can get a refund if you don't like it, it doesn't work, etc. AS LONG AS YOU PURCHASED IT FROM THEIR WEB SITE OR THROUGH MOBIHAND.

    Well, I thought I would take them up on that offer, and, WOW!!! I'm so impressed.

    CorePlayer opens up high definition flash files (so you can skip the whole conversion process to mp4) and has a really great UI.

    Just thought I would pass that along, for those who want to get more out of your Palm device.

    Ocassionally, Mobihand has 20% off using a code -- somehow I was lucky enough to get mine over the weekend w/o even having to enter one in.

    (And, no, I won't be seeking the refund. )
    Question - can CorePlayer and TCPMP reside together on the same phone - or will one try and take control of the format file if just clicking on the file?

    I assume so as to not have a conflict, you should open the player of your choice first - but sometimes in some situation you may have to click on the file.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

    Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    Question - can CorePlayer and TCPMP reside together on the same phone - or will one try and take control of the format file if just clicking on the file?

    I assume so as to not have a conflict, you should open the player of your choice first - but sometimes in some situation you may have to click on the file.
    I presume you could keep them together, although not sure I would need to keep the "free" version when I have the "purchased" or upgraded/more powerful version.

    Also, while I understand your thoughts of which one will take precedence (be the default), I guess I only "load" my video files (.mp4 or .flv) within the viewer I want to use. For example, I only use CorePlayer...so when I want to watch a video, I click on CorePlayer, then load said video with/within CorePlayer.

    Don't know if I really helped you or not.
    .
    .

    m505->650->755p with bluetooth, VoiceDialIt, Garmin GPS, PdaReach, skinUI, FontSmoother, TAKEphONE, 4cast, 2day, 2dial, TouchLauncher, TealWheel, Chatter, OperaMini, PowerHero, Butler, NVBackup, Destaller, Apt, Warden, CardReader, pTunes, CorePlayer, Kinoma, MunduRadio, Ringo, DateBk6, HandyShpr, PktQuicken, PearPrivacy, MegaCalc&Clock, KeyCaps755, AlwaysOn, LEDOff, PhoneDisconnect, WebLinks, McPhling, PalmPDF, eReader, some phwelo stuff & nearly 30 games, due to LinkStart, w/an 8GB card.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofdatreo View Post
    Can't address your registration issue but I had the memory problem you descibed happened to me when I booted Garmin. I'm guessing you just had too much cached or not enough memory available at that exact moment when installing CorePlayer. Not that you want to hear that what you experienced was normal, but it shouldn't happen again. I believe it is more in response to the phone/hardware limitations than the software. All the best.
    Thanks, you were right! No more crashing/resetting problems whatsoever. CP is running great, has a lot of great features, video plays smooth. I like how the keypad goes dark in fullscreen, the ability to save color profiles, ability to change preferred streaming codec, etc. If I pause a video and quit CP, the video resumes playing from the exact same place without a hitch when I reload the program... sweet! You Tube also works great.

    Support was slow getting back to me so I fixed the serial problem by going to mobihand.com and changing my hoysync ID. My old ID had an apostrophe, maybe that was throwing it off? After I changed my ID (without punctuation) and generated a new key, no problems.

    3 minor complaints...

    - no OSD to show volume level while in fullscreen... MMPlayer has an OSD that pops up momentarily when you adjust the volume in fullscreen.

    - there is no buffer bar for streaming video that I can see... in Kinoma I can plainly see how full the buffer is so I know when I need to pause and let the buffer refill. With CP I never know when the video is going to crap out while the buffer refills.

    - a/v sync issues... for some reason audio is out of sync by 0.3-0.5 sec. for all my ripped/transcoded videos (.avi & mp4). This is only a minor complaint because it can be fixed by manually setting the a/v offset in Advanced Preferences (a very nice feature), but I imagine this might be frustrating for the technically challenged. TCPMP was exactly the same but I naively assumed the issue would have been resolved in the pricey paid version. For some reason MMplayer does not have this problem.


    Overall CorePlayer is a great piece of software and I'm having fun playing with it.

Posting Permissions