1.    #1  
    Hi all -
    My trusty Treo 600 died after 4 years, and I am now the proud possessor of a sparkly, new 755p. Does anyone have recommendations pro and/or con on available headsets, or tips on using bluetooth on the 755p? I'm a BT virgin!
    Thanks.

Regards,
    Dennis
    Jabra BT8040 - small - light - a2dp compatible.

Good Luck!
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    My girlfriend's got the "Jawbone 2" which has noise filtering technology. Good stuff.

I've got the "Jawbone" which has noise filtering tech, the Motorola S9 which is a lightweight, narrow Bluetooth stereo headset (A2DP as someone said), and the Motorola HT820 which is a more cushioned, somewhat larger Bluetooth stereo headset.

I've got one or two others around here somewhere that no one uses. All of the above, though, are recommended.

If you're wondering why you should care about noise filtering or Bluetooth stereo, consider how annoying (and sometimes painful) it is when you're talking to someone who's in a noisy environment. If that person had noise filtering tech, a lot of that background noise wouldn't make it to your end of the call. This is the gift you could provide for *your* callers. Nothing's perfect, but it can be helpful.

Bluetooth stereo is helpful when I want a better listening experience - say in stereo - so that I won't have to crank up the volume and risk my hearing in that ear. Having stereo sound means my music and podcasts can be sent to both ears (without having to be so loud)... *wirelessly* AND I could control the volume, pause, and forward & back controls from the headset! Plus, if you get a call while listening to music, the headset allows you to talk to and hear your caller without changing headgear.

Besides size, the big difference between the S9 and the HT820 is that the former only lets you hear callers through one ear. The HT820, though, has your callers in stereo, just like your music. So, when my mom calls me from work, and she's whispering like a secret agent, I can hear her a bit more easily without blasting the volume up in one ear.

Good luck.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the input.

Noise filtering sounds like a good idea.
    I hate it when people have to keep asking me to repeat myself or when I have to keep asking.

I have a slight hearing impairment, which makes the ht820 sound very attractive. Thanks for the suggestions.
    Are any of the suggested BTs pretty compatible? No Treo resets/problems? I don't use one, and have been thinking about getting one, but I just don't want to spend an arm and a leg if it's going to cause constant problems. I also haven't had the time to do the proper research on the best one for a Treo 755p. This thread is pretty helpful.

VERY happy user of these GREAT apps:

TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial.
    Also check out the
    TAKEphONE skins , TAKEphONE skins thread

Verizon Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by dfausz View Post
    Thanks for the input.

Noise filtering sounds like a good idea.
    I hate it when people have to keep asking me to repeat myself or when I have to keep asking.

I have a slight hearing impairment, which makes the ht820 sound very attractive. Thanks for the suggestions.
    No problem.

I should also mention, though, that the 755p doesn't support A2DP out of the box. In order to enjoy Bluetooth stereo, you'd 1) have to obtain an A2DP-compatible/compliant headset (like those mentioned in previous posts) AND 2) find a way to send that Bluetooth audio to your headphones.

A couple of solutions for #2 spring to-mind.
    2a) Softick Audio Gateway, which is what I use the most, is a software application that one cna purchase and install on the 755p, which would allow it to send Bluetooth stereo audio (A2DP goodness).

or

2b) a Bluetooth adapter for your phone. It would most likely plug into your headphone jack, and could be paired with a headset (stereo or otherwise). I don't recall all of the limitations of such a device (I haven't used mine in a while) but one limitation is that you could not use your headset to pause or advance playback.

Of the two, I'd recommend Softick Audio Gateway. It can "hiccup" sometimes, but it comes in handy and doesn't require additional, dangling hardware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delpita View Post
    Are any of the suggested BTs pretty compatible? No Treo resets/problems? I don't use one, and have been thinking about getting one, but I just don't want to spend an arm and a leg if it's going to cause constant problems. I also haven't had the time to do the proper research on the best one for a Treo 755p. This thread is pretty helpful.
    I think programs like Softick Audio Gateway are more responsible for spontaneous resets than are the Bluetooth headsets, themselves. But that's happens with 3rd party software in general.

Reboot your phone regularly to decrease the chances that you'll suffer a spontaneous reboot at an inconvenient time.

But to answer your question plainly, I don't think the headsets, themselves, cause any problems with the phone.
  8.    #8  
    west3man said:
    I should also mention, though, that the 755p doesn't support A2DP out of the box.
    Wow! Thanks for that info. I just assumed...
    I got a Plantronics Voyager 510 headset. I've used their products before and it's working great. It's $99.95 on their website; I got it for under $59.95 at Office Depot last year. It has Windsmart, so there's not a lot of interference when it's windy, tho' I usually use it in the car.
    havent tried it but this puppy looks nice -

Quote Originally Posted by Delpita View Post
    Delpita,

For single earbud only solution, I believe there is only one choice, the Jabra BT8040. There are a few others that are stereo headsets or 2 earbud solutions - Jabra has a hybrid version of earbud/dual earbud solution.

With that being said, I use SAG for A2DP connectabilty. I have been listening to Ptunes why cruising the web and if a phone call comes in I can answer the call - after the call is ended it will resume back to playing my Ptunes and I continue surfing the web without it resetting my phone. SAG is pretty stable for me if you always follow the instructions on how to connect and disconnect SAG in a certain sequence, it will be pretty stable.

Although I can watch my Sling or TCPMP with SAG and BT, I don't think the 755p has the cpu power to display video when using SAG as it skips a few frames when playing, but is watchable - video plays perfectly if you use normal wired earbud or earbuds. BTW audio always sounds good either with BT wireless or wired with and without SAG.

Lightspeed which an overclocking utility helps somewhat, but still not quite enough boost in cpu to eliminate dropped video frames when using SAG and BT, at least in my experience. FYI, stock bus and cpu speed on a 755p is 208mhz bus speed and 312mhz cpu speed, I have my 755p set at 208mhz bus speed and 520mhz cpu speed.

My 755p is pretty stable with hardly any resets unless I do something that I know was my fault.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
  12.    #12  
    Thanks for all the replies. It's very helpful!

How's the volume on the Voyager 510 and the BT8040? I have some hearing loss, so that's important to me.

I would like to try the Jawbone 2, but I have a beard, so it won't work for me.
    Thanks for all the replies. It's very helpful!

How's the volume on the Voyager 510 and the BT8040? I have some hearing loss, so that's important to me.

I would like to try the Jawbone 2, but I have a beard, so it won't work for me.
    That must be *some* beard. My facial hair has never caused a problem with my Jawbones.
  14.    #14  
    Originally Posted by west3man:
    That must be *some* beard. My facial hair has never caused a problem with my Jawbones.
    I read that facial hair caused big problems with the Jawbones, because it has to touch the face. I have a full beard, and I can see how that might cause extra noise. Not true, In your experience, eh? How firmly must the jawbone touch the face?
    I read that facial hair caused big problems with the Jawbones, because it has to touch the face. I have a full beard, and I can see how that might cause extra noise. Not true, In your experience, eh? How firmly must the jawbone touch the face?
    That's kind of hard to say, relative to a beard. I wish I could just let you borrow mine or something.

I guess I should add that, no matter how bushy I let my beard get, my sideburns only get so thick. So, if you've got a "full bodied beard" that is consistent all the way up past your ear, I could see that being Jawbone impediment.

That little white thingee on the Jawbone does need to contact your face (I assume a part of the face where the bone is close to the skin - less fleshy).
    The plantronics has good sound BUT it experienced some connectivity issues with my 755p. Specifically frequent disconnect/connect cycles were common.
    Hi all -
    My trusty Treo 600 died after 4 years, and I am now the proud possessor of a sparkly, new 755p. Does anyone have recommendations pro and/or con on available headsets, or tips on using bluetooth on the 755p? I'm a BT virgin!
    Thanks.

Regards,
    Dennis
    Dennis,

You didnt mention if you want a small earpiece type or a headset for use in the office.

I use a Blueparrot B250XT in the office, it is great. I use a Jabra BT530 noise cancelling earpiece type on the road.

The Jabra uses a micro USB charger, the Blueparrot comes with an A/C and a cigarette lighter 12v adapter for it's charger connection.

I have tried tons of the. I occasionally use my Motorola EQ5 bluetooth speakerphone in the office also.

Hope that was helpful.

B
    Quote Originally Posted by cvela90 View Post
    The plantronics has good sound BUT it experienced some connectivity issues with my 755p. Specifically frequent disconnect/connect cycles were common.
    I think something similar happens with just about every Bluetooth headset I've used. The Jawbone happens to be the only one, though, that beeps in my ear to tell me about.

That can be quite annoying.
    I use a Plantronics 925 BT headset and am very pleased with it thus far as the great call quality, above-average noise cancellation, small form factor, in-ear design, simplicity of controls and not having to deal with "just right" touch-the-cheek positioning (see Jawbone 2) are all positives. I keep it in the car generally and that's where it's charger-case comes in handy, as it keeps the headset charged when not in use. It can occasionally disconnect when not in use (don't ever recall it doing so in the middle of a phone call), but it happens rarely and yes there is no signal informing that it has disconnected. However, on the rare occasion it happens I just cycle the headset off-on and it reconnects.
    Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p on Sprint SERO 1250 (present) + many palm medical & other apps -> ??? (no pre on SERO )