Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    In the mean time I'm using the latest version of Handmark Express. Everything is free in it now including flight statuses. Check it out.
  2.    #22  
    It now appears that Flight Status causes rebooting each and every time. A great program, allowed to disintegrate before our very eyes!
    It's possible that the rights have been sold to Express' Flight Status...so the old freebie is no longer supported by Andrew (not Andrew-nyc, but Andrew who wrote Flight Status).
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  4.    #24  
    Well, if that's the case, Andrew (not me) should let his customers know. Many of us sent contributions to him, as we thought it was a great program.
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    In the mean time I'm using the latest version of Handmark Express. Everything is free in it now including flight statuses. Check it out.
    Can you run it from the SD card? I deleted it a while back bec. it took up way too much space, I think it was around 5MB, and it created all kinds of "apps" (its categories) in the programs list. IMO (back then) it wasn't worth the amount of RAM it took up.

m505->650->755p with bluetooth, VoiceDialIt, Garmin GPS, PdaReach, skinUI, FontSmoother, TAKEphONE, 4cast, 2day, 2dial, TouchLauncher, TealWheel, Chatter, OperaMini, PowerHero, Butler, NVBackup, Destaller, Apt, Warden, CardReader, pTunes, CorePlayer, Kinoma, MunduRadio, Ringo, DateBk6, HandyShpr, PktQuicken, PearPrivacy, MegaCalc&Clock, KeyCaps755, AlwaysOn, LEDOff, PhoneDisconnect, WebLinks, McPhling, PalmPDF, eReader, some phwelo stuff & nearly 30 games, due to LinkStart, w/an 8GB card.
    Partially, the app has to be in memory but you can move each card/panel in express to the sd card.
    This situation has been very dissappointing.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Unfortunately, this probably won't be the last dissappointment PalmOS users suffer. I would expect support for most 3rd party apps to dry up over the next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Partially, the app has to be in memory but you can move each card/panel in express to the sd card.
    I downloaded it (after having deleted it a while back) to find out that it takes up about 5MB of space, which as you know, is a lot on a Palm device. Anyway, I was able to move (with LinkStart) Express (the main program) over to the card -- which gave me 500K back, but then I lost it when the program was updating some channels or something (and I've only done the Flight Status thing in Express). So, are you saying that I can move those "EX" categories to the card (the ones you find when you hit Menu-I)? If so, how? They don't show up with Menu-Y (Category) and Linkstart doesn't find them either.

This is important to me, bec. w/Express installed, I only have 5MB of free space.

m505->650->755p with bluetooth, VoiceDialIt, Garmin GPS, PdaReach, skinUI, FontSmoother, TAKEphONE, 4cast, 2day, 2dial, TouchLauncher, TealWheel, Chatter, OperaMini, PowerHero, Butler, NVBackup, Destaller, Apt, Warden, CardReader, pTunes, CorePlayer, Kinoma, MunduRadio, Ringo, DateBk6, HandyShpr, PktQuicken, PearPrivacy, MegaCalc&Clock, KeyCaps755, AlwaysOn, LEDOff, PhoneDisconnect, WebLinks, McPhling, PalmPDF, eReader, some phwelo stuff & nearly 30 games, due to LinkStart, w/an 8GB card.
    I needed to use Flight Status last week. I also used the flight info from Express. Flight Status gave me accurate information, except for the code for the city the plane was landing in (which I knew, I was just checking the arrival time of a delayed flight). Express gave me the same (incorrect) information that I got over the phone from the airline. But as I stated, Flight Status gave me the correct arrival time, while Express did not.
    Shneor
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor View Post
    I needed to use Flight Status last week. I also used the flight info from Express. Flight Status gave me accurate information, except for the code for the city the plane was landing in (which I knew, I was just checking the arrival time of a delayed flight). Express gave me the same (incorrect) information that I got over the phone from the airline. But as I stated, Flight Status gave me the correct arrival time, while Express did not.
    Hmmm...so Flight Status was still working for you (as of last week) then? I haven't used it bec. of reports (from users I view as credible) of it crashing so much. Am going to be using Express over the next couple of weeks and will report back my findings.

All the best.

Global Posts
    2,486 Global Posts
    FlightStatus crashes for me. Don't know when it started, but it's been that way for at least 4 days, most likely longer based on others' experiences.
    Just for the record, I'm using version 2.04 on a GSM Centro.
    Shneor
    Picking up family tonight on Delta.
    Using the Delta mobile site to check the flight status.

It works but not as clean as Flight Status.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12