1.    #1  
    Hey, I have SkinUI and I'm looking for a skin that is really really beautiful and polished. I've looked all over but nothing seems right. I'd like a really cool theme (looking for something kind of like on the Blackberry Bold) that just makes the OS look a little cooler and polished. I've tried so many things and I'm still looking! I also have purchased Ultimatephone but I'm not using it because it is not a consistent skin throughout the entire OS and I am mainly in the Messaging app. Also, I really like the feel of the Palm OS, I'd just like a skin that makes it look kinda like the Blackberry Bold... Cause I really like that skin. Thanks so much!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/at...p-c606c46c.bmp
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/at...p-c606c458.bmp
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/at...p-c606c423.bmp
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/at...p-c606c47e.bmp
    Last edited by musika; 04/11/2009 at 09:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by musika View Post
    Hey, I have SkinUI and I'm looking for a skin that is really really beautiful and polished. I've looked all over but nothing seems right. I'd like a really cool theme (looking for something kind of like on the Blackberry Bold) that just makes the OS look a little cooler and polished. I've tried so many things and I'm still looking! I also have purchased Ultimatephone but I'm not using it because it is not a consistent skin throughout the entire OS and I am mainly in the Messaging app. Also, I really like the feel of the Palm OS, I'd just like a skin that makes it look kinda like the Blackberry Bold... Cause I really like that skin. Thanks so much!
    Hi, just saw your post over on Deviantart, also. The best I can do is say try the black Palmrevolt skin (SkinUI "should be" able to import it). It won't be an exact match, but maybe close enough?

Here's the link for the Palmrevolt skins:

TP Palmrevolt Skins by ~mcentreville on deviantART
    Check out http://mcentreville.deviantart.com/ for skins and wallpapers for TAKEphONE.
    I have no idea what the Blackberry Bold UI is like, but have you tried the Shadows skin by Old_Hatch? It's inspired bt the HTC Touch HD UI. Scroll down the link about halfway to find the SkinUI version.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks, both of you! I've actually tried the Shadows skin by Old Hatch but the problem is that it didn't blend with all my apps (messaging etc.) so I can't use that. I like the skins on your deviant art page mcentreville, really great stuff. I'm actually strongly considering buying Takephone just because of your bBold theme for it. Thanks guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by musika View Post
    I've actually tried the Shadows skin by Old Hatch but the problem is that it didn't blend with all my apps (messaging etc.)
    I hear that complaint all the time, but there's actually a very simple solution:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...9411-94401.jpg

Do a per-app config for Messaging and turn the 'Colors' option off. You can simply stop there & you'd be good to go, or do as I did & download Colorize or Khroma & create a 'complimentary' similar-yet-slightly-different scheme for the problematic apps. That way it still fits the overall theme and is easy to read.

Couple Khroma with Apt & you can make a separate custom scheme for each individual 'disagreement.'

Like I said, it's super-easy to turn specific SkinUI effects on/off for individual apps, I do it all the time whenever I find anything that doesn't agree with the skin.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by fstopstigmata View Post
    I hear that complaint all the time, but there's actually a very simple solution:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...9411-94401.jpg

Do a per-app config for Messaging and turn the 'Colors' option off. You can simply stop there & you'd be good to go, or do as I did & download Colorize or Khroma & create a 'complimentary' similar-yet-slightly-different scheme for the problematic apps. That way it still fits the overall theme and is easy to read.

Couple Khroma with Apt & you can make a separate custom scheme for each individual 'disagreement.'

Like I said, it's super-easy to turn specific SkinUI effects on/off for individual apps, I do it all the time whenever I find anything that doesn't agree with the skin.
    Oh my god, That looks fantastic! I just bought Takephone and I'm using the bBold theme which is great. I'm gonna use Colorize now and go back to Old Hatch's theme. Thanks!

UPDATE: I'm having some trouble... When I turn off colors for messaging it makes it look worse. Also, Colorize and Khroma aren't really changing anything... I guess I have to play around with it a little more.

UPDATE: I've gotten it to work and I'm currently just trying to pick the best shade of orange (lol)! If you could put up a couple more screenshots so I can kinda base this off yours, that'd be great! Thank you so much!
    Last edited by musika; 04/11/2009 at 09:37 AM.
  7.    #7  
    Well I've completed my skinning! I started with it orange like yours but I've recently discovered the awesome look of blue over black. I have the bBold skin for takephone as well and I'm really happy with the look of everything. I'll post some screenshots soon!
    Sorry I don't have time to post some more screens at the moment, but I did forget one main step:

You have to go into SkinUI & disable the Colors for your secondary skinner (Khroma, Colorize, Butterfly, etc), too, or else there's a conflict with displaying the correct colors (because SkinUI trumps any other color themer, so it will sometimes display the SkinUI color set instead of the actual one you set up for that app).

Give us some screens, I'd love to see how yours has turned out!
    Son of a gun, Blazer won't let me view them on either site (full or mobile), I'll try & remember to check back when I get home from work in the morning
  10.    #11  
    Alright... I'm really happy with this theme.
    Hmm.. I can't see them from my desktop either :-/
  12.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by fstopstigmata View Post
    Hmm.. I can't see them from my desktop either :-/
    Here:
    Snap-C606C47E.bmp

Snap-C606C458.bmp

Snap-C606C423.bmp

Snap-C606C46C.bmp

Hope that helps!
    Last edited by musika; 04/14/2009 at 10:55 PM.
    Nice! Glad I could help.
    Hi fstopstigmata,

these were very good suggestions. I also installed Shadow UI and Khroma - and in addition BlackBorder - to get a black/grey/orange design on my TX. It is really great. The only thing that is slightly disturbing is the white pixels surrounding some of the PalmOS built-in icons (e.g. when beaming and connecting to the net), which become so apparent with a dark background. Is there any way to change these (unfortunately those icons are not altered by Shadow UI)?

George
    If I understand you correctly, then no. Most icons are made with the assumption that you'd be using them on a white (or at least light-colored) background, so the white around the edges is left there, since it's not noticeable unless on a near-black background. Actually, I just finished making my first icon set (see the "Awesome Treo/Centro Launcher" thread on this forum) and I'll be the first to admit how difficult & frustrating it is to try & kill all those pesky little buggers.
    I guess there should be a possibility to change these icons in SkinUI. After all the alert icons in ShadowUI are great.
    Talk to user phwelo, I know he's mentioned that he has the knowledge to change the keyguard and network-connecting icons. There was just no demand at the time for him to continue persuing it. He needs a good kick in the rear anyway, his site's gone much too long without an update
    Thanks for the suggestion - I will see what I can do about it.