1.    #1  
    Can anyone recommend video software? Pics and Videos included free on the 680 is worth what you pay for it.

Kinoma is quirky, constantly crashing and having bizarre activation protocols. I refuse to use it. It is also slow....

Anything else? To play MP4s
    I don't know about MP4's. Check out TCPMP.
  4.    #4  
    I dl'd TCPMP.

It is not bad. It is more stable than Kinoma, doesn't take as long to load files and doesn't require the ridiculous installation hoops Kinoma uses. So, I'm using it.

That said, it is shy a couple features. It would be nice if the ZOOM options were accessible from a button instead of PREFS, i.e., you could test them on the fly to see which worked; and the volume control same thing. The user interface is rather primitive.

Still, for a freebie player it is a pretty good choice.
    I have a volume control on my ear buds, so that is my workaround for the volume. Would be nice if the volume rocker on the side actually worked in TCPMP.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Squires View Post
    That said, it is shy a couple features. It would be nice if the ZOOM options were accessible from a button instead of PREFS, i.e., you could test them on the fly to see which worked; and the volume control same thing. The user interface is rather primitive.

Still, for a freebie player it is a pretty good choice.
    Volume is available on the 5-way up/down.
    Last edited by johncc; 04/11/2009 at 06:36 PM.
  7.    #7  
    Doesn't seem to work. And crashes the program periodically.

I upgraded to the pay version--and all is well, the side buttons control volume.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Squires View Post
    I dl'd TCPMP. It is not bad. It is more stable than Kinoma...
    Can you elaborate? No software's perfect, but there are no known stability issues with the current release (which has been out a few months now).

On a Palm OS phone not running any crufty software, you should be able to run Kinoma Player 4 EX for weeks at a time with no problems.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
  9.    #9  
    First, when Kinoma loads--it automatically scans all the files all the time. Very slow. Not a problem with Core.

Second, Kinoma 4's obnoxious "live activation" requires a phone and on slow connections is a pain. On my backup device, I have no sim card. Very clever! Very with it! Very impractical. Not an improvement.

Third, in trying to upgrade from K3 to K4 I had endless difficulties. Nothing really seemed to work properly.

Fourth, Kinoma wouldn't find any of the video files there. I guess despite the constant updating of the index, it was still corrupted and needed to be rebuilt.

Kinoma has some virtues, but I frankly see only one advantage over Core's paid player---a toolbar zoom button---and the installation and loading issues are so annoying it is simply not worth the effort. I've given up. It was taking all afternoon to figure out how to upgrade and trying to do so ruined my 3x installation too.
    If it doesn't have a slot for SDHC--I don't want it. Period.