1.    #1  
    I have just bought a treo 650 today, and it is not on contract. i have bought it in spain while on holiday and will be taking it back to the UK as a pay as you go. But i have tried with a spanish orange sim card to get onto the web but it keeps on cancelling on me. I would be grateful if someone could let me know what the best sim card is to buy when i get back in the uk next week and how i get onto the web with my palm 650

Any help would be great as this is the first time i have used it
  2.    #2  
    I am using an orange prepaid card but when i try to get on the web using blazer it says cancelling and says something about ppp which i do not understand, it is telling me to go into preferences and set up an account which i have tried.

can anyone please give me directions on how to do this
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Grrr... Tried to post the settings but I was stopped from posting links... And I couldn't PM it as well!

Try PM'ing me?

Or search Google for "orange apn settings" - should be the 1st link! (filesaveas.com/gprs.html) Then look for Orange GPRS WAP settings:
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by christo101 View Post
    Grrr... Tried to post the settings but I was stopped from posting links... And I couldn't PM it as well!

Try PM'ing me?

Or search Google for "orange apn settings" - should be the 1st link! (filesaveas.com/gprs.html) Then look for Orange GPRS WAP settings:
    thank you for this. i will try this now. i have wrote all the details down and will try it and let you know how i get on.

All i need to sort out now is, to get my blue tooth work as it will not pick up another phone and then i will be happy. I really love the phone
  5.    #5  

Try PM'ing me?

Hi i tried pm you but it will not allow me to do this until i have made more post. What has disapointed me today after reading some of the forums is, that people are slating the phone and saying it is an old phone. To be, this is my first phone of this nature and i love the phone, i think it is great and much better than the other phones i have which includes a lg phone and also a skype phone, so although i was sad to read some of the comments where people are saying you should have bought the latest phone, including a shop i went into today who said you should have bought the latest treo phone, i do not care as i am more than happy with what i have. But would like to hear peoples thoughts if the treo 650 is outdated
    There should be no reason why you cannot get good internet connection from a non-3G network, once you establish the appropriate settings.

I still find the 650 to be an excellent tool to organise my life. Zoti's short antenna (avatar) from treoantenna.com can give you an update to it's appearance and you will find a hundreds of threads on TC to help you get the most out of your 650.

Glad to help with specific questions. (search first, because most will have already been answered)

Good luck with it.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    There should be no reason why you cannot get good internet connection from a non-3G network, once you establish the appropriate settings.

I still find the 650 to be an excellent tool to organise my life. Zoti's short antenna (avatar) from treoantenna.com can give you an update to it's appearance and you will find a hundreds of threads on TC to help you get the most out of your 650.

Glad to help with specific questions. (search first, because most will have already been answered)

Good luck with it.
    What I will do is wait until i get over to the UK and then buy a pay as you go card, as the spanish one i have at the moment is not letting me on the net even though i have put in the right settings.

Can anyone let me know which would be the best pay as you go sim card to buy that will allow me to use my phone to its maximum which includes getting on the net, and if there is anything else i should be looking at buying
  8.    #8  

Try PM'ing me?

I am using a spanish orange pay as you go card and i must be doing something wrong as i cannot get my email working or get onto the internet.

in preferences i hsvr

service which i have put orange

connection gprs

username

password

apn

i have filled the above details with the link that you sent

but when i have filled these details in it comes up with the following message when i try and connect

it says signing on for a long time and then comes up with error gprs connection not available check your settings
    Quote Originally Posted by in2town View Post
    I am using a spanish orange pay as you go card and i must be doing something wrong as i cannot get my email working or get onto the internet.

The settings in the linked file are for Orange UK.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    The settings in the linked file are for Orange UK.
    I arrive back in the uk tomorrow so i will buy a uk orange card, although i am a bit confused with the settings as there are two settings on the page, one lot of settings on the left and one of the right, so not sure which ones i should use as i have said very new to this.

I have managed to get a connected to the internet with my phone, but what i have found after it says sending, that the screen is blank and brings nothing up, and then when i go to mail, it tells me i have a dns problem so not sure what i should be doing about that as i have entered the info from the page that is listed here. Any help would be great.