1.    #1  
    a few days ago my palm treo 680 fell on the floor, today - i noticed it doesn't vibrate, including when i switch it from ring to vibrate mode.

where is the vibrator located in the phone ? is there any way to jump start the vibrator ?
    i don't have any palm maintenance services where i live.

is there a way to see if it's a software problem ?
    love the title of your thread
    Quote Originally Posted by captaindan View Post
    love the title of your thread
    Sad, but that's the first thing that came to my mind.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by SoundGuy31 View Post
    is there a way to see if it's a software problem ?
    Yes. Do a full back up of your device, then a hard reset.

Try you vibrator (ahen, Treo i mean ) if it works.

Then you can recover all your configurations, programs and files from the backup.
  5.    #5  
    well, i also can't sync the damn thing, because it's stuck on calender (a second post i did right before this one...)

i'll try and figure out the other thing first...

i looked at the FAQ and it says there's no hard reset for the 680 ?
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoundGuy31 View Post
    well, i also can't sync the damn thing, because it's stuck on calender (a second post i did right before this one...)

i'll try and figure out the other thing first...

i looked at the FAQ and it says there's no hard reset for the 680 ?
    I couldn't pass up this thread either. I can't post links yet, but try this for reset info (add the http
    //kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,kb=PalmSupportKB,t=ooccase,case=obj(887)

There are instructions for the 680 since there is no button.
    To hard reset the T680 you take out the battery. Then as soon as you put back in you hold down the power button. the back bard will start going from left to right and it will disappear and when the next symbol come up you release the power button then you see the 5way treo button with arrows showing red up and blue down. you push up. the T680 will show down and reboot. it will the ask you what language. when you select the language it will be reset and hard reset will be complete.