1.    #1  
    I have a microSD card, 6gb, class 4, SanDisk brand in my Treo 755p. It's recognizing the card with no problems (using a SanDisk micro to mini adapter). I put it in, poof it's there.

When I check on the card info, it tells me that the maximum is 1.6gb. I've seen other threads (for the 755p and for other Treo models) where it supposedly reports less free space than is really there, but it will still get used.

I just want to make sure that this is normal and want to know if there's anything else that I need to do to make sure everything goes smooth. Based on other searches, I did download and copy over the slotdrive sdsd sdio file (I hope that wasn't a mistake).

So simply put, is this all normal and is there anything else that I need to do at this point?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    I have a microSD card, 6gb, class 4, SanDisk brand in my Treo 755p. It's recognizing the card with no problems (using a SanDisk micro to mini adapter). I put it in, poof it's there.

When I check on the card info, it tells me that the maximum is 1.6gb. I've seen other threads (for the 755p and for other Treo models) where it supposedly reports less free space than is really there, but it will still get used.

I just want to make sure that this is normal and want to know if there's anything else that I need to do to make sure everything goes smooth. Based on other searches, I did download and copy over the slotdrive sdsd sdio file (I hope that wasn't a mistake).

So simply put, is this all normal and is there anything else that I need to do at this point?
    It's not uncommon for it to report #'s smaller than what you have (in two cases). 1) Typically a 2GB card shows something like 1.6 - 1.8GB, so no difference -- that's just the way cards are. 2) The 755p is supposed to only handle, at max, 4GB, so when it finds a 4+GB that it recognizes, it will report an odd amount (less than what the card really is). But, yes, that is normal for the 755p.

If you use Card Reader, it will show you the "correct" amount. For instance, my Sandisk 8GB comes back as 7.4GB. I also read that you can download the application "Files" (I believe in the MyTreo section/icon of your phone), not to be confused with the application "Filez," and it will show up properly there.

Best of luck.

m505->650->755p with bluetooth, VoiceDialIt, Garmin GPS, PdaReach, skinUI, FontSmoother, TAKEphONE, 4cast, 2day, 2dial, TouchLauncher, TealWheel, Chatter, OperaMini, PowerHero, Butler, NVBackup, Destaller, Apt, Warden, CardReader, pTunes, CorePlayer, Kinoma, MunduRadio, Ringo, DateBk6, HandyShpr, PktQuicken, PearPrivacy, MegaCalc&Clock, KeyCaps755, AlwaysOn, LEDOff, PhoneDisconnect, WebLinks, McPhling, PalmPDF, eReader, some phwelo stuff & nearly 30 games, due to LinkStart, w/an 8GB card.