1.    #1  
    I saw an article in the New York Times Curcuits section about Palm apps for school, and at the end it said BlueNomad is planning another upgrade for Wordsmith, this one including a spell checker. OH BOY! We all pitch in to get Miradu one. Just joking. If I buy Wordsmith from Handmark now, will I get the update when it comes out? Will it even be an update and not an add on? Anybody got info?
    -Bernie

"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president, and that one word is 'to be prepared'.
    -Dan Quayle
    Right now the big push for Wordsmith is VFS support. Sounds like that update will be out in a few weeks.

I have been using WS since 1.x, and all of the updates so far (2) have been free.

New Features on the Horizon
    We plan on adding features rapidly over the next few months and year! Please see below for what is on our to-do list. If you have additional features that you would like to see included, please let us know what they are by emailing us at support@bluenomad.com.
    • SD/MMC/MemoryStick Support
    • Ability to edit/create tables on handheld
    • Bulleted list synchronization support
    There is a great Yahoo! group that the Wordsmith developers participate in at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bn-wordsmith-discuss
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by flips13
    Right now the big push for Wordsmith is VFS support. Sounds like that update will be out in a few weeks.
    What is VFS support?
    -Bernie

"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president, and that one word is 'to be prepared'.
    -Dan Quayle
    Originally posted by ernieba1
    What is VFS support?
    Virtual File System, so people with external memory can read/write documents right off the card.
    Matt Nichols
    VigoSpraxPalm@Yahoo.com
  5.    #5  
    I just sent an e-mail to blue nomad asking about it, and I also found this on the FAQ:

Are there any Spellcheckers that work with WordSmith?
    There isn't any spellchecker that we know of that will work with WordSmith. We are planning on adding our own spellchecker.
    I think it could take up a lot of space.
    -Bernie

-Dan Quayle
    I use Textplus as a kind of spellchecker. There is Wordcomplete too.
    My Treo has more memory than I do.
    I would love to see them hook it up to the dictionary/thesarus module from Palm.
  8.    #8  
    I got a response from Blue Nomad:

Hello Bernie,

Thanks for your message. There isn't any spellchecker that we know of
    that
    will work with WordSmith. We are planning on adding our own spellchecker

to WordSmith.

The reason for this is because of the way WS uses the Palm OS fields
    (we basically had to rewrite the fields to get rich text to work)...
    The basic Palm OS fields only support one font and since these programs
    rely on those types of Palm fields it won't work with WordSmith.
    We apologize for any inconvenience.

Upgrades and updates are provided by Blue Nomad,
    LLC in its sole discretion. That being said, all of our upgrades to date
    have been free to all registered users.

Thanks,

Blue Nomad Sales & Support Team
    support@bluenomad.com
    That's pretty good news. Now will I get this update from Handmark. . .
    -Bernie

-Dan Quayle