Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fstopstigmata View Post
    I'm guessing you're pretty much trying to guide it full-circle, & that's why you're getting that extra-long spin at the end.
    Wanna have some fun? Spin your finger around at a good clip for several rotations and watch that wheel go! I think it counts/buffer navigated rotations because if you whip around 15 times it seems to spin about that many (eventually).
    Beta 0.40:

Beta 0.40 - April 18, 2009
    Added option to put preview pane behind icons (new default)
    Added caching of application names with button to manually refresh list when necessary
    Added delay before showing preview pane whenever wheel is opened (to allow clock to be seen)
    Added ability to select items in application list with 5-way nav or typing first letter
    Added ability to spin wheel starting with tap anywhere on screen
    Added support for disabling pass thru option with software home button
    Added translucent shadow effect to calm backgroun when preview pane is set behind icons
    Added square panel behind center hub to smooth screen flashing caused by previews appearing/disappearing when preview pane is set behind icons
    Fixed ability to select RAM-based static apps (would incorrectly select last card app instead)
    Fixed initial navigation option to correctly highlight requested postion even when using "remembered" rotation
    Fixed ability to returning to TealWheel from history list after new install
    Does anybody know if/when they will be adding the ability to replace program icons?
    Quote Originally Posted by rossarnie View Post
    Does anybody know if/when they will be adding the ability to replace program icons?
    Nothing mentioned yet, but the app's getting to be pretty solid, so the cosmetic updates will soon follow.

On another note, Tex mentioned maybe with the new preview setting 'behind' the icon wheel, putting the time/date/battery info/etc. right on the tan square & allowing you to get rid of the completely. It will allow a bit more room for display, sounds like a great option to me.
    Nothing mentioned yet, but the app's getting to be pretty solid, so the cosmetic updates will soon follow.

On another note, Tex mentioned maybe with the new preview setting 'behind' the icon wheel, putting the time/date/battery info/etc. right on the tan square & allowing you to get rid of the completely. It will allow a bit more room for display, sounds like a great option to me.
    I agree (hope!) that cosmetic changes will come soon.

Just posted this thought elsewhere...if you can post other information/data in the center, just don't get it too cluttered. Or at least give me the ability to turn those things off, as I might not want to see them.

Wouldn't it be cool if you could put a picture of your family (ftsop: that new baby of yours?), or sports team logo, or whatever, there?
    # Beta 0.45 - April 18, 2009

Added new visual style for center hub for better consistency with square screen elements

m505->650->755p with bluetooth, VoiceDialIt, Garmin GPS, PdaReach, skinUI, FontSmoother, TAKEphONE, 4cast, 2day, 2dial, TouchLauncher, TealWheel, Chatter, OperaMini, PowerHero, Butler, NVBackup, Destaller, Apt, Warden, CardReader, pTunes, CorePlayer, Kinoma, MunduRadio, Ringo, DateBk6, HandyShpr, PktQuicken, PearPrivacy, MegaCalc&Clock, KeyCaps755, AlwaysOn, LEDOff, PhoneDisconnect, WebLinks, McPhling, PalmPDF, eReader, some phwelo stuff & nearly 30 games, due to LinkStart, w/an 8GB card.
    ------------------------------

Beta 0.55 - April 19, 2009
    Added option to popup menu list to pick wheel by name
    Added option to reset wheel rotation on wheel change
    Added application name to panel if no preview panel present
    Added function name to center display
    Fixed static icons from disappearing after history database overflows
    Fixed icon drawing to properly clip oversize icons
    Fixed 'none' buttons to erase when switching to them from other wheels on config screen
    Improved application icon
    ----------------------------

Beta 0.60 - April 20, 2009
    Added option to restrict apps in history to inclusion/exclusion list
    Added option to restrict apps in which wheel can be popped up to inclusion/exclusion list
    Added option to enable/disable preview panes
    Added option to enable/disable app name when preview unavailable
    Added automatic disable if locked in TealLock or system Security
    Fixed cropping of oversized icons on settings screen
    Fixed apps list on mapping screen to redraw after refresh
    I thought everyone (except fanofdatreo, he's probably already aware through other sources ) might be interested in my findings of TealWheel vs. battery consumption:

Power Hero Drain Log- is this normal??
    # Beta 0.70 - April 21, 2009

Improved history saving to better detect and reject sub-apps and temporary popups
    # Improved history saving to skip hidden application files
    # Improved program titles to crop to hub width
    # Improved program titles to draw within center hub
    # Fixed "wheel list" function to show up with correct label
    # Fixed wheel list to detect pen taps in correct position in full screen modes

m505->650->755p with bluetooth, VoiceDialIt, Garmin GPS, PdaReach, skinUI, FontSmoother, TAKEphONE, 4cast, 2day, 2dial, TouchLauncher, TealWheel, Chatter, OperaMini, PowerHero, Butler, NVBackup, Destaller, Apt, Warden, CardReader, pTunes, CorePlayer, Kinoma, MunduRadio, Ringo, DateBk6, HandyShpr, PktQuicken, PearPrivacy, MegaCalc&Clock, KeyCaps755, AlwaysOn, LEDOff, PhoneDisconnect, WebLinks, McPhling, PalmPDF, eReader, some phwelo stuff & nearly 30 games, due to LinkStart, w/an 8GB card.
    I thought everyone (except fanofdatreo, he's probably already aware through other sources ) might be interested in my findings of TealWheel vs. battery consumption:

Power Hero Drain Log- is this normal??

That's a good use of data. Thanks for taking the time to do that!

I know I appreciate it, and I'm sure Tex does, too.

Will keep my fingers crossed that it can be resolved.

I posted this elsewhere, so thought I'd leave it here, too. (If you've seen it already, I apologize.)

If you were to take the icon rectangles and make them more like boxes (with respect to what I was saying last night of giving everything a more "consistent" or "uniform" rounded square look, since the center is now a square), I did a mock-up which can be seen below.

First, the "current" TealWheel (with "rectangle" boxes)...

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/v...reo/before.jpg

Second, a possible look with "square" boxes (with custom icons added)...

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/v...treo/after.jpg

You'll also notice that in the second picture I moved the home button from the top left to the bottom left.

Input/comments welcome.

I guess you could say there is a "middle" step, which shows the difference between the original rectangles and the possible boxes. (You can see the extra white space (from the larger rectangles) along the sides of the icons.)

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/v...reo/middle.jpg

Then several hours later I posted...

It seems funny to comment on your own post but, considering I was just doing/showing a mock-up, I guess I will...

Personally, I prefer the smaller boxes for the icons rather than the rectangles, and not just bec. of the now "consistent" square theme, but bec. it gives a little more separation between all the moving parts (no pun intended).

Quote Originally Posted by fanofdatreo View Post
    Second, a possible look with "square" boxes (with custom icons added)...

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/v...treo/after.jpg
    I think this will be a great improvement! Square boxes and custom icons = beautiful!
    Last edited by rossarnie; 04/26/2009 at 03:03 PM.
    Beta 0.75 - April 22, 2009

Added menu to purge application history
    Improved icon backgrounds to use thin edge on hi-res devices
    Improved icon layout by tweaking positions to prevent overlap
    Fixed home icon to work even when TealWheel mapped to activate on 'other' home button press
    Fixed Preference sub panels to correctly save preferences app in history
    Fixed TealWheel main program to appear in history
    Fixed wheel name from being cropped by app name

Beta 0.81 - April 23, 2009
    Added support for bringing up wheel list with menu button
    Fixed support for tapping on software icons when TealWheel up
    Fixed support for selecting wheel list with pen

Beta 0.80 - April 23, 2009
    Added wheel change arrows to center hub
    Added ability to bring up wheel menu by tapping on wheel name
    Added finished manual
    Added support for using volume buttons to select wheels in wheel list
    Fixed ability to select icons with pen that overlap preview
    Fixed ability to select thumbnail image with stylus
    Fixed centering of text items in center hub
    Fixed detection of home icon tap in full screen mode
    Fixed layout of application list screens in full screen displays

This thing is looking, and working, very slick!

Beta 0.85 - April 24, 2009

Added keyboard shortcuts to launch icons (see manual)
    Added notation in app selection lists to indicate wheels where app is already mapped
    Added test fix for filtering out "pnoJpegLib" entries
    Improved strokes on central hub to support rotation even if stroke begins within wheel change button
    Improved wheel change arrows on central hub, extending them vertically to cover entire hub
    Improved wheel rotation to keep highlighted icon in same place without lag
    Fixed crash opening wheel in landscape mode (Zodiac, etc)
    Fixed menu button on Treo/Centro keyboard to be able to open wheel list
    Fixed monochrome icons to always draw in black instead of using underlying app's default pen color
    Fixed selection of wheel list items in full screen mode
    Fixed tapping on thumbnail images from selecting buttons on central hub underneath
    Fixed width of button mapping lists in full screen mode

I love these guys! :

Hi

From your messages, it sounds like perhaps PalmOS won't turn off the radio if
    it's turned on in the background and an event handler is installed. This new
    version disables the TW event handler upon power off, which hopefully will work
    around the power problem, as I don't know if we can do anything else, since the
    core problem seems to be within PalmOS.

- Changes for 0.90 -

[x] Added ability to purge individual item from history with 'p' key
    [x] Added automatic disable of event handler on power off to try reducing
    battery usage from background handler
    [x] Added automatic reopening of wheel with screen size change
    [x] Added date display to hub when center highlighted
    [x] Improved "Unlisted apps" box in apps lists screens to "all except"?
    [x] Improved app lists to group card-based entries and remove dupes
    [x] Improved app lists wheel indicator to differentiate between card and RAM
    based apps (refresh apps to show changes)
    [x] Fixed manual spinning in center to keep wheel position from getting too far
    behind target rotation

Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:52 am
    I love these guys! :

While I agree w/respect to customer service, is this thing now 20 bucks?

EDIT: I guess that was a typo in the manual. It still is $15 (14.95).
    Last edited by fanofdatreo; 04/26/2009 at 02:16 PM.

Release 1.00 - April 26, 2009

Improved manual wheel spinning to keep original selection location after pen release
    Improved apps list screen text labels to be clearer

- BETA 1.01 -

[x] Added option to activate with up-swipe from bottom of screen
    [x] Added option to show previews for history items only
    [x] Added reactivation of handlers after app switch as backup when if system bypasses wakeup notification

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast