Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fstopstigmata View Post
    Well done, my friend!

Are u saying it displays custom icons now?

Not sure, I was wondering the same thing, but don't have time to check it out until later tonight.

m505->650->755p with bluetooth, VoiceDialIt, Garmin GPS, PdaReach, skinUI, FontSmoother, TAKEphONE, 4cast, 2day, 2dial, TouchLauncher, TealWheel, Chatter, OperaMini, PowerHero, Butler, NVBackup, Destaller, Apt, Warden, CardReader, pTunes, CorePlayer, Kinoma, MunduRadio, Ringo, DateBk6, HandyShpr, PktQuicken, PearPrivacy, MegaCalc&Clock, KeyCaps755, AlwaysOn, LEDOff, PhoneDisconnect, WebLinks, McPhling, PalmPDF, eReader, some phwelo stuff & nearly 30 games, due to LinkStart, w/an 8GB card.
    Naah, it still uses the stock icons. I thought you were saying you were using your custom icons in it already, I just misread.
    Okay, so I'm copy/pasting this from my post at MTDN for the sake of info & in hopes that someone can help me out:

---------------------------------

Unfortunately, I think I'm gonna have to give up on this app, too. Ever since they went beta, my PalmInternals Speed test goes from 8 sec. to 43 sec. when I have TealWheel assigned. And my device definitely lags in agreement.

Also, I checked the newly-added 'Register' screen, & apparently TealWheel costs $15, as opposed to the $10 they told me in email at the beginning of the project.

So unless I can convince them in one final plea to make a 'lite' version with only one wheel & only recent-apps, I'm gonna be giving TealWheel the boot.

If anybody still has Alpha 0.17 & could email it to me, I'd forever be in your honor.
    Okay, so I'm copy/pasting this from my post at MTDN for the sake of info & in hopes that someone can help me out:

---------------------------------

Unfortunately, I think I'm gonna have to give up on this app, too. Ever since they went beta, my PalmInternals Speed test goes from 8 sec. to 43 sec. when I have TealWheel assigned. And my device definitely lags in agreement.

Also, I checked the newly-added 'Register' screen, & apparently TealWheel costs $15, as opposed to the $10 they told me in email at the beginning of the project.

So unless I can convince them in one final plea to make a 'lite' version with only one wheel & only recent-apps, I'm gonna be giving TealWheel the boot.

If anybody still has Alpha 0.17 & could email it to me, I'd forever be in your honor.
    Is that why sometimes you'll go to Blazer and it hangs for a long time, before getting to the home page (or last page visited)? It may only be coincidental but I've only noticed it as of late.
    Yea, someone just sent me alpha 0.17 and I was right: With it active my Speed Test is only at 9 second. Crazy difference, & it's MUCH snappier.
    Must be the "extra" wheels. I thought I noticed a speed diffence at first, but wasn't sure. (I don't use Palm Internals.)

Mathematically or proportionately speaking, it makes sense: If it's originally 8 or 9 seconds w/one TealWheel and then it goes to 40-43 with 4 more wheels, there's your answer. (I suppose there could be other reasons, more code, etc. but I'm going w/the proportions. )
    Finger-flickin' might be fun:

Beta 0.25 - April 15, 2009
    Added support grabbing for spinning wheel with pen
    Added thicker red icon outline
    Added date/time to wheel center
    Added registration code and checks to program
    Improved graphics with larger center hub, making space for time and future wheel name
    Thanks, but are you using some kind of xml feed or something?

(I literally must have checked minutes before you the other night on 0.20)
    With my limited time using this update...

I like the center button more. It's sexy.

Spinning it with your pen is fun, but it sure spins for a long time. Not sure if that is a feature I would end up using, but pretty cool nonetheless.

Looks like you can assign applications to the spokes, but not icons yet.

Would still like the ability to turn off the preview rectangle, to see that sexy center button.

EDIT: Maybe even a smaller preview rectangle, kind of like TealOS had w/the cards, so that it doesn't sit on top of or cover the icon spokes underneath.

White artifacts at the end of the spokes are gone except for the green wheelchanger. (Maybe it's on the other predefined icon spokes but I had already assigned something else to them.)
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofdatreo View Post
    Thanks, but are you using some kind of xml feed or something?

(I literally must have checked minutes before you the other night on 0.20)
    Hah, just a member of TealTalk, they usually send out an email when they post a new beta. That's actually the reason you beat me to the punch that one time, they didn't email the update till the morning after . But you can join there, too. That way you can add your own suggestions & get a response straight from the developers. They respond to EVERY post. I actually just got a coupon for TealWheel for being a contributing alpha tester, so maybe I'll stay interested in it afterall
    Okay, so I just went out on a limb & tried the newest version (honestly just cause I was anxious to spin it with my finger ) and my speed test is at 9. But now that I think of it, I had had 2 entries in hede for TealWheel before, so maybe there was a problem specifically on my device. either way: fixed=happy
    does anyone have a version beta version .22 of tealwheel (before the "nag screen" was added) that they might post or offer a link to download....thanx much....bfreeman117
    I LOVE the clock display! Goodbye, BigClockDA!
    Hah, just a member of TealTalk, they usually send out an email when they post a new beta. That's actually the reason you beat me to the punch that one time, they didn't email the update till the morning after . But you can join there, too. That way you can add your own suggestions & get a response straight from the developers. They respond to EVERY post. I actually just got a coupon for TealWheel for being a contributing alpha tester, so maybe I'll stay interested in it afterall
    Thanks! Just signed up & waiting for approval. Maybe I can get the same deal you got.
    I LOVE the clock display! Goodbye, BigClockDA!
    And I like the "thicker red icon outline," too.
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofdatreo View Post
    Spinning it with your pen is fun, but it sure spins for a long time. Not sure if that is a feature I would end up using, but pretty cool nonetheless.
    I'm guessing you're pretty much trying to guide it full-circle, & that's why you're getting that extra-long spin at the end. Try just 'flicking' it a little bit in one direction, it'll just crank around one or a few spots, depending on the strength of the gesture.

m505->650->755p with bluetooth, VoiceDialIt, Garmin GPS, PdaReach, skinUI, FontSmoother, TAKEphONE, 4cast, 2day, 2dial, TouchLauncher, TealWheel, Chatter, OperaMini, PowerHero, Butler, NVBackup, Destaller, Apt, Warden, CardReader, pTunes, CorePlayer, Kinoma, MunduRadio, Ringo, DateBk6, HandyShpr, PktQuicken, PearPrivacy, MegaCalc&Clock, KeyCaps755, AlwaysOn, LEDOff, PhoneDisconnect, WebLinks, McPhling, PalmPDF, eReader, some phwelo stuff & nearly 30 games, due to LinkStart, w/an 8GB card.
    Here we go again:

Okay folks, see the change list below for what's new.

Here's where it's really starting to get good. Coming in the next release or
    two (probably), some sort of popup wheel "menu" as well as inclusion/exclusion
    lists.

- Done for 0.30 -
    [x] Added automatic filtering out of duplicate icons
    [x] Added ability to assign names to wheels
    [x] Added ability to rotate wheel with treo/centro volume keys
    [x] Added fail-safe 'home' icon to upper left corner so you can't strand
    yourself from launcher with bad settings
    [x] Added option to disable wheels from prev/next rotation
    [x] Added option to pass through secondary button presses of app buttons
    [x] Added option to select specific wheel to popup or remember last
    [x] Added buttons in card folder settings screen to bring up file dialog to
    select folder paths
    [x] Added progress bar when loading application names
    [x] Added click sounds to vertical 5-way movement
    [x] Added new program icon
    [x] Improved button action selection to separate actions and choices
    [x] Improved button app selection to show apps by icon name instead of file name
    [x] Fixed wheel movement to snap to valid position after being spun inside
    center hub
    Bonus!!!:

beta 0.35 - april 17, 2009
    added option to specify action (rotation or wheel change) when moving 5-way outward at edge
    added option to specify start and direction of how history icons are filled
    added option to keep rotation between sessions
    added option to select initial highlight position
    added current wheel name on main screen
    added filename display to progress bar when scanning apps
    increase speed of wheel switching
    increase speed of application scanning
    fixed ability to mark icon as none
    WOW!!! I'm so totally blown away. Really nice!

I can't believe how FAST you can change from wheel to wheel. That's very
    impressive.

Could I make the following suggestions:

1) I really like the fail-safe home button. Could the option to place it in
    whichever corner (rather than just the uppper-left) exist? Most of the apps I
    use TealWheel in have something in the upper left (time, phone provider name,
    menu) and I would really like to move it (in my case) to the bottom left (where
    there isn't as much).

2) Could the option to turn on/off the preview rectangle be implemented? I
    really like seeing that sexy clock.

3) This is contradictive to my point above, but could you also allow for smaller
    preview rectangles, just like TealOS had two different sized cards? I ask this
    bec. I think I would like to be able to see all of the icons at the end of the
    spokes -- whereas, currently, it covers up parts of several icons. I realize
    that maybe wouldn't give the "layered" effect but I think it would look nice
    nonetheless. Kind of like the way you see the wheel when the only the center
    home spot is selected.

4) Lastly, and if this has already been implemented please forgive me as I
    haven't been able to try everything out this morning, has the ability to add
    custom icons been added? I have a collection of nearly 100 custom icons that I
    would love to use. I have shared them on some of the boards and would be happy
    to share them here, too.

Nonetheless, Tex (and others), outstanding job!!! Keep it up!!!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast