1.    #1  
    Well, I did it. I finally upgraded from my trusty Sprint Treo 650. It was time. It had been solid and reliable for a long time, but it started to really show its age. It was literally falling apart and locking up regularly.

So the big question was: where to next:

Centro? Not much of an upgrade in my opinion; and with PalmOS dieing a limited one at that.

Wait for the Pre? It looks like a really nice phone with some really cool features. But three things kept nagging at me: No legacy PalmOS app support; No desktop synch (a must when your company's exchange server is safely behind a firewall); and major questions about the level of initial third party support. Maybe I'll revisit this in a year or two when we know more.

BlackBerry? Nice form factors, but I really don't like the idea that all my e-mail has to go through their servers. I'd much prefer to just have an internet connection and go directly to where ever I want.

So that left WinMobile. I've avoided WinMob for years. But after a lot of soul searching, I came to the conclusion it was my best bet. I get to run my old PalmOS apps with StyleTap. And Synching just. plain. works.

So yesterday I bought a nice shiny Treo Pro (So I didn't abandon Palm completely).

So long Treo 650! You've been a good friend. Hello Treo Pro. I am looking forward to getting to know you!
    3rd party support is an important issue. I am a HanDBase user, going from Palm OS to WM. The SDK has not been released yet and their statement is that there may not be a Pre release of their software application, which for me means no Pre in my future.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Not sure if you are aware of the support page for your Pro on the Palm website.

Here is a link to the support page where you can select your carrier. Select your carrier and then the next page will be the support page for your Treo. Click on the downloads tab to see if there are any updates for your Treo.

Palm.com : Support