1.    #1  
    I installed a picture that I am using as a wallpaper on my treo and want to be able to view it on the PC again. I have misplaced the original and am hoping that by viewing the palm copy on the computer, I might be able to zoom in a little to see a caption that might remind me where I got the picture from to begin with.

Any ideas?
    FWIW, I tried renaming the file with a .jpg, .bmp and .gif extension but it wouldn't open. I then renamed it with both a .pdb and .prc extension and tried to decompile it with PFCD and that didn't work. I'm at a loss as to what to try next.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    I am also looking for a solution to this situation. I took a picture on my Treo 650, set it has my wallpaper, and now no longer have access to the original picture. I don't see a way to beam the current wallpaper and it doesn't appear in any directories that I can see.

I see the wallpapercache.pdb document with FileZ but don't know what to do with it. Can anyone help??
    Install the Palm Emulator on your PC (available from Palm and/or PalmSource ... you'll have to poke around a bit). Registration is required.

Then drag your PDB file into the Palm emulator window on the PC. Then take a screenshot of the emulator, e.g., by pressing the PrtSc key on your keyboard. Then paste the resulting image into the program of your choice (e.g., Microsoft Paint under All Programs->Accessories).

OR: I think that there's also a June Fabrics program that lets you connect your Palm to your PC and view the Palm's display on your PC (and then take a screenshot of that). The program costs ~$20 as I recall; I don't know if there's a free trial.

Lots of work to recover one photo, but it should work.

I have the emulator installed on a system at home, but I'm pretty tied-up right now. If you post back here and PM me in mid-May, I would be glad to perform this conversion for you.
    Here's the June Fabrics software that I mentioned in the previous post; there is a free trial:

PdaReach -- Control your PDA from your PC

This is probably easier than installing the Palm emulator.
    Awesome. I was able to scrape the screen and get the image back. Unfortunately the picture is 1/4 the total resolution since it displays on the screen as 320x240 but the original was 640x480. I am now wondering if the wallpaper cache only stores the scaled down version of the photo...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    I installed a picture that I am using as a wallpaper on my treo and want to be able to view it on the PC again.

If you haven't done it already, this should be easier...

How about just taking a screenshot of it w/Snap or use a DA like ScreenDump. After you've got that shot, e-mail it to yourself (or whoever so you can access it on your PC). Or, if you don't have a data plan, get the trial version of Card Reader (good for 10 or 15 days or something like that) and transfer it over to your PC.

This is going under the assumption that you don't need it to be just of the picture itself (no icons or other junk). If so, just pick (or a make) a category that has nothing in it and that should work. Whatever part you need to blow up hopefully doesn't have anything blocking it.

Good luck!

m505->650->755p with bluetooth, VoiceDialIt, Garmin GPS, PdaReach, skinUI, FontSmoother, TAKEphONE, 4cast, 2day, 2dial, TouchLauncher, TealWheel, Chatter, OperaMini, PowerHero, Butler, NVBackup, Destaller, Apt, Warden, CardReader, pTunes, CorePlayer, Kinoma, MunduRadio, Ringo, DateBk6, HandyShpr, PktQuicken, PearPrivacy, MegaCalc&Clock, KeyCaps755, AlwaysOn, LEDOff, PhoneDisconnect, WebLinks, McPhling, PalmPDF, eReader, some phwelo stuff & nearly 30 games, due to LinkStart, w/an 8GB card.
    Quote Originally Posted by spamco View Post
    I am now wondering if the wallpaper cache only stores the scaled down version of the photo...
    Knowing that all Palm devices have limited (internal) memory, I would have to guess yes. (Notice I said guess.) Best of luck.

m505->650->755p with bluetooth, VoiceDialIt, Garmin GPS, PdaReach, skinUI, FontSmoother, TAKEphONE, 4cast, 2day, 2dial, TouchLauncher, TealWheel, Chatter, OperaMini, PowerHero, Butler, NVBackup, Destaller, Apt, Warden, CardReader, pTunes, CorePlayer, Kinoma, MunduRadio, Ringo, DateBk6, HandyShpr, PktQuicken, PearPrivacy, MegaCalc&Clock, KeyCaps755, AlwaysOn, LEDOff, PhoneDisconnect, WebLinks, McPhling, PalmPDF, eReader, some phwelo stuff & nearly 30 games, due to LinkStart, w/an 8GB card.