1.    #1  
    http://www.engadget.com/2009/03/27/palm-issues-takedown-for-tealos/
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Where ya been all day lol. In all the TealOS Threads starting early this morning , on the front page of TreoCentral and Precentral all day.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Where ya been all day lol. In all the TealOS Threads starting early this morning , on the front page of TreoCentral and Precentral all day.
    I have not been in this section too often, sorry. But I didn't see the thread relating to this.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Dont say sorry , I was just havin a laugh with ya. It actually deserves a thread all its own as not everyone looks on the front page or reads the Teal OS Thread.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Thanks phonediva!

I registered mine earlier today before I read your post (got sick of the nag screen after 10 days). It runs fine on my Centro (vzw).
  6.    #6  
    Seems the blogs think Palm is overreacting to what could actually be a good thing for them.

Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    This poses as a threat to Palm? They should have made some sort of partnership with the creators of the OS and maybe they could have done better things for both parties. Just my 2 cents. Thanks for the link phonediva.
    Using a Centro with free ActiveSync at http://www.TheMessageCenter.com
  8.    #8  
    I wonder if the Palm OS emulator is partially the reason for the demand of Teal OS shutdown.

Without taking anything away from the achievements of Tealpoint, I think they could not have done it without a little help from Palm, especially considering the rapidity with which they added features after the initial release. It could all be part of Palm's marketing strategy to figure out if the market was ready for something like webOS, and to gauge Apple's response to the whole thing. webOS is nothing if not radical.

As if Tealpoint were so naive to think Palm would look the other way. They are, after-all, every experienced in the area of software development. Remember that Tealpoint have a lot of Foleo apps in their catalogue.

As for the emulator... why did Palm have to go with MotionApps? It's not like they are top-of-the-line or something. Access already have a GarnetOS emulator on their Linux N800/N810.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I wonder if the Palm OS emulator is partially the reason for the demand of Teal OS shutdown.
    I don't see the relationship.

m505->650->755p with bluetooth, VoiceDialIt, Garmin GPS, PdaReach, skinUI, FontSmoother, TAKEphONE, 4cast, 2day, 2dial, TouchLauncher, TealWheel, Chatter, OperaMini, PowerHero, Butler, NVBackup, Destaller, Apt, Warden, CardReader, pTunes, CorePlayer, Kinoma, MunduRadio, Ringo, DateBk6, HandyShpr, PktQuicken, PearPrivacy, MegaCalc&Clock, KeyCaps755, AlwaysOn, LEDOff, PhoneDisconnect, WebLinks, McPhling, PalmPDF, eReader, some phwelo stuff & nearly 30 games, due to LinkStart, w/an 8GB card.