Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. yoe
    yoe is offline
    yoe's Avatar
    Posts
    132 Posts
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
       #1  
    I've been using my laptop to connect to the internet through bluetooth using PDAnet and my Treo 755p, worked well for a while, but lately I can't stay connected for more than 2 minutes without a sudden disconnect.

    Anybody else have experience with this program?

    I wonder what your experiences are, how stable is it?
    do you usually connect it through cable or bluetooth?
    what kind of speeds do you get?
    any tips / tricks to make it work better?
  2. #2  
    I use it with a cable and works flawlessly.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  3. #3  
    I used to connect with a cable, but lately I've been using bluetooth and I love it. The program that I recommend for this purpose on the 755p is USBmodem (palm version). The website is:
    Treo USB Modem
    it replaces the built-in DUN with its own version and I never get disconnected even after working for hours sometimes. Try it!
  4. #4  
    My setup works okay, just used today. Sprint Treo 755p with PdaNet.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
  5. #5  
    I can't get it to work. I'm using Verizon. I'll check out the link - thanks!
  6. yoe
    yoe is offline
    yoe's Avatar
    Posts
    132 Posts
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
       #6  
    PDAnet doesn't work very well,

    And I can't get USB Modem to work, they're instructions are SO general and vague, and lacking information like what password/user name.. how come PDAnet didnt need all this?
  7. #7  
    no problems here with PDAnet over BT. settings all default.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  8. #8  
    This has always perplexed me: How do you get PdaNet to work using Bluetooth? I'm only able to get it to work using a USB cord. I've tried nearly countless times trying to figure this out, and sometimes feel I've gotten close, but no cigars using Bluetooth for PdaNet connection. For the ones successfully using Bluetooth, what are your settings?
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
  9. #9  
    I have no problems with it using the cable on Sprint
  10. #10  
    For those who've been able to get your 755p to connect PDAnet via bluetooth, PLEASE (!!) help instruct me how to do so. I've been trying for a week! Thanks in advance.
  11. #11  
    ^use ver. 4.10. I couldn't connect with ver 4.11 over BT. Good luck.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by yoe View Post
    I've been using my laptop to connect to the internet through bluetooth using PDAnet and my Treo 755p, worked well for a while, but lately I can't stay connected for more than 2 minutes without a sudden disconnect.

    Anybody else have experience with this program?

    I wonder what your experiences are, how stable is it?
    do you usually connect it through cable or bluetooth?
    what kind of speeds do you get?
    any tips / tricks to make it work better?
    I have this problem when I use PDA net and am already hard wire connected to my company's netweork. Works OK when I unplug the network cable
  13. #13  
    Just as an aside, I've noticed that I must always shut down Chatter Email first, whenever I want to use PdaNet, otherwise problems happen for me. I think maybe apps that run in the background such as Chatter require shutdown first, or else conflicts occur.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by jackietreo View Post
    For those who've been able to get your 755p to connect PDAnet via bluetooth, PLEASE (!!) help instruct me how to do so. I've been trying for a week! Thanks in advance.
    1) You have to check the "allow Bluetooth connection" on your desktop PDANet menu (right-click on PDANet icon and select "settings") . Select a COM port that is unoccupied in the dropdown menu (you shouldn't get a message of any kind if it's free). If none are free you may have to create another incoming Bluetooth port in your desktop bluetooth menu (in Vista: Bluetooth Devices -> COM Ports -> add -> incoming, then select it in PDANet drop-down.

    2) I often find that when I can't connect to PDANet via Bluetooth the problem is resolved by re-pairing the Treo to the desktop's Bluetooth connection (deleting the desktop from "trusted BT devices" and re-adding it to Treo trusted device list often tends to do the trick). Make sure both Treo and your computer's Bluetooth are set in "discoverable" mode.
  15. #15  
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...siness-bt.html

    Some of you might find that thread useful.

    And, no flaming intended but, try the "search" feature. It may save you some time and trouble in the future. That thread is 2 years old.

    Unfortunately, much of the "oxygen" in this forum has been depleted by the long, drawn-out birth of the Palm Pre, so there aren't as many people around to help out in this particular sub-forum. I, for one, will try to check back a bit more often in the future (in case I can be of some assistance).

    Good luck.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  16. #16  
    I still check the 755p forum too every so often, even though I now have the Pre! That's because I'm currently keeping the 755p and added the Pre as an extra phone line. One of the main reasons for keeping the 755p is because of PdaNet which works great. The Pre has no modem tethering ability at this time, who know if or when it might.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung View Post
    I still check the 755p forum too every so often, even though I now have the Pre! That's because I'm currently keeping the 755p and added the Pre as an extra phone line. One of the main reasons for keeping the 755p is because of PdaNet which works great. The Pre has no modem tethering ability at this time, who know if or when it might.
    I suspect it'd be cheaper just to get mobile internet access for your laptop, via a card or something.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.

Posting Permissions