Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Its amazing how this phone continues to do well even after its been out there for awhile. In the recent story about smartphone internet traffic the Centro was listed in the top 5 smartphones in the US (# 4 in list).

I mean VZW completely forgot about it and people overlook it as a "toy" or say it has a small unuseable keyboard.

It's the Rodney Dangerfield of smartphones!
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    I'm glad it is there. It makes a great pacifier while waiting for the Pre. Seriously, I love the phone but progress is coming.
    I felt the same way, until I bought one waiting for Palm and Verizon to become friends again! What a phone. And who knew? Only Centro owners.
    My wife and I both use the Centro and I can say that it's the best, most stable Palm I've ever owned.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    When I read "Centro gets No Respect!" I thought you meant it is to much like a toy. It definitely does not have the "presence" of the Treo 650. Yes, the Centro is stable and all that.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    I agree with Zorro1. I upgraded from a 700P to the Centro on Verizon while waiting for the Pre. I only wish I had done it sooner. It is a great little phone.

Several million Centro users can't be too wrong.
  7.    #7  
    I'll be upgrading to the Pre but I agree that it is a great little smartphone!
    The best and most stable of all the Palm devices I've owned.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    I am going with the most stable palm device I have owned, but I still for me the best was the 650, it hardly ever reset once I got rid of Opera, and it had a usable keyboard, my big hands and that little keyboard didn't get along.
    Terry
    Best Palm smartphone I've had, out of four models. Four other people I know, who have also had previous Palm smartphones, say the same thing. No plans to change to anything, until Verizon comes out with the Pre.
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Agreed. This phone with a Sprint Sero plan is an unbeatable combination.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miner View Post
    Agreed. This phone with a Sprint Sero plan is an unbeatable combination.
    Yep, my family has four of them on the SERO plan, and I don't think any other phone/plan combination even comes close.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Not sure why more people and reviewers aren't attracted to this combination:
    - smallest PDA phone,
    - replaceable battery,
    - expansion slot,
    - stable.

I guess it's that they want big-screen video and browsing, wi-fi, gps, and the latest-greatest cool factor. Maybe multi-tasking too. They may also be scared off by the ending of the Palm OS.
    It's so small, that's the thing. My wife has even had one since they went to V last Spring, and I largely ignored it. Tiny screen, tinier keyboard...what could it possibly do? And then I ran out of options and really looked at it. It does not compare well to HTC's with the pull out keyboards and huge, beautiful screens, nor Samsung's Omnia, nor even the Storm. It's only after you begin to eliminate the stuff that doesn't work, like WinMobHel and a new Storm that you arrive at the only thing that does: The Centro.
    I tried a balckberry , tried a iphone kept the centro . I went from a centro to a 800W and back, to a HTC Touch Pro and back. Probally try a Pre but leaving my Centro ready. Always come back for some reason.I know the Pre has all the bells and whisltes but the Centro rocks what it does. It does everything I want and the Pre ( as of when its released ) cant do the things I need that my Centro can . Ofcourse in time the Pre will be able to do everything I do on my Centro. I do want a bigger screen and a better camera so I am going to try the Pre. But might wait until the pre has the apps i need. ( Sling player, VNC etc)
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 03/28/2009 at 05:09 PM.
    Fantastic device, best PalmOS phone ever. I think I'll keep it until it dies, or possibly if the 3rd-party software I need becomes available for the Pre or the iPhone.
    I still say they should make a Centro with a bigger screen and the Pre's slide out keyboard. That would rock (and sell, I believe).
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    I still say they should make a Centro with a bigger screen and the Pre's slide out keyboard. That would rock (and sell, I believe).
    WOW!!! That's the best idea yet.

Another thing that came too late. This thread.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    gotta love that centro! Is it too much to dream for a Centro 2?
    Using a Centro with free ActiveSync at http://www.TheMessageCenter.com
    The best smartphone I have ever owned bar none. I am usually the first one to stand in line and get the latest and greatest toys. I am not sure if I will get a Pre, I love the centro. It does what I need it to very efficiently. I am not sure the pre will as much as a business machine as the centro. Only if the opera or blazer on the centro could access my banks webpage.
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast