Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    To the people mentioning pTunes above (Post 34 and 39), are you using the default pTunes that comes with the device, or the upgrade/paid version? I'm curious.
    Quote Originally Posted by happyjack View Post
    Just got a Centro a few days ago, and joined this forum. This is my first smart phone and it is fantastic. I didn't know that there were so many apps available.
    The best part though is even with it's small size I can operate the keyboard with my fat thumbs.
    Welcom to TreoCentral and the Centro.
    Do yourself a favor and take a look at:
    2day, TAKEphONE, 4cast.
    These apps can be found at ShSh Software.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by Miner View Post
    To the people mentioning pTunes above (Post 34 and 39), are you using the default pTunes that comes with the device, or the upgrade/paid version? I'm curious.
    I'm using the free one that came with the Sprint Centro, with all free updates applied.
    Takephone works on the Centro? Looks pretty cool, and a 30 day free trial.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorro1 View Post
    Takephone works on the Centro? Looks pretty cool, and a 30 day free trial.
    Of course it does. Rule of thumb: pretty much any app written for PalmOS will run on your Centro. There are a few exceptions, but they're mostly old hacks that are obsolete on the Centro anyway.
    Gracias, Amigo. When software says Treo Treo Treo I never know if it also includes Centro. It's my first Palm phone, so still on the catchup curve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorro1 View Post
    Gracias, Amigo. When software says Treo Treo Treo I never know if it also includes Centro. It's my first Palm phone, so still on the catchup curve.
    A Centro really is a Treo, the marketing guys decided to change the name. However, there are so called "Treos" that run Windows Mobile. They have almost nothing in common with the PalmOS devices.

Also important to note, there are two types of Centro. The GSM version is almost identical to the Treo 680 and the CDMA version is more like a 755p. Key difference is the phone dialer software.
    I have had all of the previous Palms, and the Centro is by far the best of the lot. The days of constant resets, looping, battery drain, etc. are long gone. Palm has finally got it right. I have an unlocked AT&T running on T-Mobile and I have never had a problem with it.
    The only complaint I have is the Kinoma doesn't always play videos due to lack of bandwidth, but I think it may be a T-Mobile issue. Does anyone else have this problem?
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm VII > Visor > Visor Prism > Visor Phone > Treo 180 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Palm Centro (running T-Mobile) > Almost Broke, but had enough $$ left over to get HD DVR w/DirecTV.
    The truly paranoid among us are considering buying a couple of spare unlocked gsm centro's so when the 3 in the family die we won't have to change.

Love em!
    Quote Originally Posted by treoman270 View Post
    ...The only complaint I have is the Kinoma doesn't always play videos due to lack of bandwidth, but I think it may be a T-Mobile issue. Does anyone else have this problem?
    I have Sprint and I frequently get warnings about bandwidth but if I wait the video will eventually play.

My biggest problem is the fact that the "free" version of Kinoma I get thru Sprint is so crippled it will literally only play 1 of every 5 videos from YouTube. The full version is $20 but supports a lot more formats including flash.
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2_meezers View Post
    The truly paranoid among us are considering buying a couple of spare unlocked gsm centro's so when the 3 in the family die we won't have to change.

Love em!
    How odd, I've been thinking of this too, With all the Pre hysteria/interest/press, I thought I read somewhere the Centro was to be EOL-ed soon.

But then I also say an announcement lats week that it was just coming to a telco in Saskatchewan. So now I'm mixed up, if it's soon to be EOL-ed, why would it just no start to be offered by some telcos in Canada.

Anyway, if I see one for cheap I may snag it as a spare.
    Sprint is supposedly EOL the Centro. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $Verizon$ $and$ $ATT$ $have$ $yet$ $to$ $speak$ $although$ $a$ $ATT$ $exec$ $said$ $on$ $the$ $record$ $over$ $a$ $year$ $ago$ $that$ $all$ $ATT$ $smartphones$/$PDA$'$s$ $were$ $going$ $to$ $be$ $3G$ $so$ $that$ $means$ $they$ $will$ $EOL$ $the$ $Centro$ $sooner$ $rather$ $than$ $later$ $since$ $the$ $GSM$ $version$ $is$ $no$ $3G$
    Quote Originally Posted by 2_meezers View Post

Love em!
    I already have a spare one sitting in my closet.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    Me too. For the reason that I'm a no-data-plan guy (I have the $0/mo. + high charges/minute data plan). Verizon will no longer offer that plan on newer PDA phones, and instead require a data plan. So this is the last good PDA phone for us no-data-plan people.
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    You have no idea how glad I am to know this.

Also a no data plan 3 adult family. Being a 9-1-1 operator who works 10-12 hour shifts 4-5 days a week...when I want to be away from people and data...I really mean AWAY from people and data...unless it is by my choice.

FYI...last week "9-1-1 what is your emergency?" "my neighbor mowed their grass and their grass clippings got in my yard" Oh yeah...
    I want to switch over to WebOS at some point, but for now I'm happy to be productive on my Centro instead of beta testing the Pre.
    I love mine. but if I need another one, I can always get one from Ebay that are being sold cheap by those who got the Pre. Ha-Ha
    Better hurry, some of them are changing their minds! Nothing like being a beta tester/early adopter of a brand new thing.
    Got a cobalt one for my brother and a ruby one for me. Guess who wants the ruby one? Lucky me I get to exchange cobalt for ruby
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123