Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnjust View Post
    Should we maybe start a thread specifically for TealOS Icon Sets? If nothing else, it may at least get some attention from creative people (i.e. - not me).

Quote Originally Posted by fanofdatreo View Post
    I would love to see that! (It would probably help in getting TealOS to catch on, too.)

I'd be happy to post a PSD (photoshop document) of the icons I use to get things rolling. Just give me a little time (maybe a day or two?) to get it ready.

Great idea!
    Let's just go for it.

A thread about icons for TealOS may stimulate the people behind TealOS to improve their application in this regard.

Here is the link to the TealOS icons generated by phwelo:

phwelo's icon set for TealOS
    Last edited by georgeTX; 03/26/2009 at 03:53 AM.
    Does anyone know where I can get the files and some documentation on creating my own set? I've been googling for the past 20 minutes.

I'm eager to release my own set!
    You just need the TealPoint Image Manager to compile the icons into a file; it is included with TealPaint: Paint, Draw, Sketch, Edit Digital Photos with TealPaint by TealPoint
    Make sure the icons are 64x48 and the background is magenta (255:0:255).
    If you want to ue TealOS better buy and download before Monday, March 30.
    Never mind. Mods please delete this post.
    Last edited by fanofdatreo; 03/28/2009 at 09:39 PM.
    Here are the icons that I am using for another program. If anyone could convert them w/TealPaint for TealOS I would forever be in your debt. (I'm running out of energy this weekend.)

Icons pictures by fanofdatreo - Photobucket
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Those icons are looking good.
    Using a Centro with free ActiveSync at http://www.TheMessageCenter.com
    Those icons are excellent, can you include one for DopeWars?
    VZW Centro
    I'm converting those icons for you fanofdatreo...shoot me a message with your email and I'll send them to you. BTW, give me a couple of hours.
    I'm getting some magenta "residue" i guess you could call it around my icon once i get in TOS. any tips on how to get them to come out clean?
    Your edges need to be "sharp" and solid colored. If you have any purpleish pixels, they will show up as the residue that you speak of. What photo editing software are you using?
    Photoshop. There's magenta pixels around the icon.

I've been googling for the past 20+ minutes but just can't seem to find help.
    Maybe I'm just stupid (or it has been a long weekend) but is there a way to hide the Quick Launch Bar when you hit the Launcher button?
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofdatreo View Post
    Maybe I'm just stupid (or it has been a long weekend) but is there a way to hide the Quick Launch Bar when you hit the Launcher button?
    In v1.52:

Option/Preferences/Launcher

Then hit the down arrow in the box to reveal more choices.

Then check "Hide Quick Launch Bar"
    Time is money, and life is change.
    Quote Originally Posted by GerryL View Post
    In v1.52:

Option/Preferences/Launcher

Then hit the down arrow in the box to reveal more choices.

Then check "Hide Quick Launch Bar"
    Thanks, Gerry!
    Check your email fanofdatreo. Apparently I don't have enough posts to send PM's
    Quote Originally Posted by M10K View Post
    Check your email fanofdatreo. Apparently I don't have enough posts to send PM's

Great! Thank you very much!!!
  18.    #18  
    @m10k @fanofdatreo

can we make your excellent icons available for all? could you, fanofdatreo, post them somewhere - so that I can include the link in the first posting here?

Great work
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeTX View Post
    @m10k @fanofdatreo

can we make your excellent icons available for all? could you, fanofdatreo, post them somewhere - so that I can include the link in the first posting here?

Great work
    Yes. With special thanks to m10k they were converted so that they can be used in TealOS.

(Please try this, let me know if it does not work. Go to the blue "Download for free with FileFactory Basic" link under the chart.)

FanOfDaTreo_Icons.PDB - FileFactory

You should know that a lot of the icons have shading, so when TealOS converts the .pdb file, it downgrades the quality of those icons (making them cartoony/grainy). In other words, they will look right when you select/import them in TealOS, but when they are displayed in the program itself (when you use the Quick Launch Bar), they get funky. (EDIT: I guess what I'm saying is that they look better as .gif files than in TealOS, maybe you can just say that for me...cuz if I had my way they would be of better quality. Moral of the story: just don't make shaded icons in TealOS and they will look good. It's just that I like shaded icons as they provide definition & depth. Oh well.) That seems to be my only "concern" with TealOS. Other than that, it is PHENOMENAL!!! Wonderful customer service they provided.

EDIT#2: Here are the icons themselves, in a zip file, as .gif images.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/af8d...ncherIcons_zip
    Last edited by fanofdatreo; 03/30/2009 at 08:59 AM.
    Tealpoint now says it will be up until 5:00 PDT (8:00 EST).

I'm still praying this is some sick April Fool's Joke...
    VZW Centro
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast