1.    #1  
    I know this should technically be in the 650 threads, but need info fast.
    I'm waiting on a "lightly used" (a few weeks they told me) unlocked 650 I bought on Ebay for $100. I initially asked for a new 680, but they said it was only available locked and would I take the 650 for less money.

Questions: 1) About the memory issue, dating back I think to 2004-2005 when device first came out...were any new updates added to it from that time period? I guess I'm asking of the likelihood my device I'm getting (Ebay vendor claims it is fairly new) would've had those updates already installed.

My concern is how many software applications I can download to device before draining its memory.

2). I bought a Seidio 2400mAh Extended Life Battery-Treo 680 w/ Battery Door-Graphite off Amazon (when I thought I was getting a 680), and wondering if that battery would be compatible with the 650?

I'd really appreciate any info to these questions, and hoping I'm not too much of a bother. I am getting an upgrade from ATT in May, so the 650 would merely be my back up device, but it'd be nice to konw if it is usable.
    Frankly, I would not get my hopes up too high with a 650. The 650 for many of us is the worst of the Treo line. Maybe it will work for you; it did not for me. The Centro/755P/680 are far better devices.

Anyway, before spending bunches of money on applications, make sure you take the time to test them. Memory constraints, resets, et cetera.
    My T650 worked great, except when I loaded a bad software app on it, so be careful. Load as many apps as you can on the SD card, and store your data on there as much as possible (pics, documents, etc.). Only reason I got a Centro was because I switched to Sprint's SERO plan. I never even ran out of memory on the 650.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Frankly, I would not get my hopes up too high with a 650. The 650 for many of us is the worst of the Treo line. Maybe it will work for you; it did not for me. The Centro/755P/680 are far better devices.

Anyway, before spending bunches of money on applications, make sure you take the time to test them. Memory constraints, resets, et cetera.
    Thank you for the advice...actually, I haven't gotten the device. If I'm not comfortable with it, I'll probably send it back to Ebay vendor quickly and try again for the 680.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    My T650 worked great, except when I loaded a bad software app on it, so be careful. Load as many apps as you can on the SD card, and store your data on there as much as possible (pics, documents, etc.). Only reason I got a Centro was because I switched to Sprint's SERO plan. I never even ran out of memory on the 650.
    Thanks...it seems very similar to the 680 but for that memory issue (and create docs with Docs to go). As I told BClinger above, I may just send it back and try for the 680 on Ebay. I'd like to try the "old" Palm Os on either device to go along with another smartphone I'm getting from ATT as an upgrade. But I just can't get myself into the Centro.
    My Centro is way better than my T650 in all respects except one: I'm not sure how long the hardware will last. It is holding up find for the first year, but my T650 was a battleship.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    I disagree with bclinger as the Treo 650 is one of the great phones ever. I still use it exclusively and it does everything that I want without any trouble...

Memory is good for most purposes other than music and video. Chatteremail is no longer an option, but it stores mail and attachments on the SD card as is my music and videos. To answer your questions... the battery of the 680 is different. And you could still update it from the updater from Palm's website.
    I have a 650 and it's been kicking but for the last year. I just put T-Luncher which comes with touch book on it and now the screen looks like the IPhone screen and it is pretty cool. I had a 680 and found the batteries are different and one will not fit in the other. I have the movie player ( TCPMP ) Movies on my sd card and watch full length movies, the music player (Music on an sd card ), Express mail, mini tones ( to make MP3 ringtones ), web pages and all the stuff it came with and still have lots of memory left. The only big thing for me with the 680 is that it has more memory and will play 8gb cards. But for now my 680 is on standby because it will only charge from my pc until I can the charge port repaired. But I love the 650.
    I too consider the 650 a very good phone. I've mine since their 1st year of introduction. (3+ years ago, I think...)

It has been dropped, and it has taken a swim in sea-water. It is still kicking - and - It is still my favorite phone.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    I just recently got a deal and upgraded to 700p, but my 650 is solid as a rock and still works great. Honestly it had better performance then the 700p until I put the new ROM on it for Sprint. You can't go wrong with a 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    I have just bought the treo 650 can anyone let me know where the meory card goes please. i have put the sim card in at the top of the phone where it has told me to put it but i cannot find anywhere to put a memory card. any help would be great
    I believe the memory card goes in at the top and the SIM under the battery? Just a guess though.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    I believe the memory card goes in at the top and the SIM under the battery? Just a guess though.
    Hi cheers for this, found where it goes now which is next to the sim card at the top of the phone, very hiden
    Owned one for 4,5 years and for me it was by far the best device ever! My new Treo pro is nice, but if I compare 2009 vs 2004 the TP is not match for the brave T650.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hystory: Alcatel OT Easy --> Nokia 5110 --> Alcatel OT Pocket + Visor Platinum --> Siemens ME45 --> Treo 650 --> Treo Pro
    I must have had 2 lemons then.