1.    #1  
    Hello,

I have a CDMA Centro on Sprint and am running Versamail 4.0.1 Build 86 (Mar 30 2008). I've set up Versamail to use IMAP with my Gmail account. Things are working great...messages and attachments get sent and moved to the Sent folder, etc. The only snag is the list of folders available in the 'Sync Server Folders' option.

When I begin the folder sync and get to the 'IMAP Folder Sync' screen that lets me put a checkmark next to the folders I want to sync, that list doesn't match the list of folders I created in the 'Edit Folders' screen (where you create the folder and have the choice of also creating it on the server). Namely, there's a folder for Inbox on the 'IMAP Folder Sync' that isn't in my 'Edit Folders' list, and one of the folders that is in my 'Edit Folders' list, doesn't show up on the 'IMAP Folder Sync' list. Shouldn't these two lists be reflections of one another? If so, how to I modify the 'IMAP Folder Sync' list so it matches the 'Edit Folders' list?

I've tried different things on the 'Root folder' line of the 'Server Folders' screen in Preferences, but to no avail.

Thanks,

sleepy
    Lovin' my Centro...keeping an eye on the Pre.

The road of life is rocky, and you may stumble too. So while you point your finger, someone else is judging you. -- Bob Marley
    I never knew you could down load Gmail using IMAP. I have been using POP.
    Could you let me know how to configure using IMAP?
  3.    #3  
    Honestly? I wouldn't even bother. The more I use Versamail with my gmail account, the less I like it. None of the changes I make on my phone are reflected in my gmail account:

• Delete a message in Versamail (or 'move to trash') and it's still there in gmail
    • Add a label to messages in gmail, then 'sync server folders' in Versamail, and it doesn't download the newly labelled messages

I even went into the Labs section of Gmail and turned on the Advanced IMAP Controls, which made no difference whatsoever. So basically, I'll keep using the IBM Java VM/Gmail app for daily reading, and use Versamail when I need to copy/paste or send an attachment.

sleepy

The road of life is rocky, and you may stumble too. So while you point your finger, someone else is judging you. -- Bob Marley
    Quote Originally Posted by ajayacharya_250 View Post
    I never knew you could down load Gmail using IMAP. I have been using POP.
    Could you let me know how to configure using IMAP?
    I use IMAP to access my Gmail mailboxes via Chattermail. Works great (push email, deletes are kept in sync).
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyEDB View Post
    Honestly? I wouldn't even bother. The more I use Versamail with my gmail account, the less I like it. None of the changes I make on my phone are reflected in my gmail account:

• Delete a message in Versamail (or 'move to trash') and it's still there in gmail
    • Add a label to messages in gmail, then 'sync server folders' in Versamail, and it doesn't download the newly labelled messages

I even went into the Labs section of Gmail and turned on the Advanced IMAP Controls, which made no difference whatsoever. So basically, I'll keep using the IBM Java VM/Gmail app for daily reading, and use Versamail when I need to copy/paste or send an attachment.

sleepy

The first item in your list is basic IMAP stuff (and works with other IMAP email clients on PalmOS). Are you sure you configured Versamail correctly
    I believe that Chattermail is discontinued by Palm. Where can I get it?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    The first item in your list is basic IMAP stuff (and works with other IMAP email clients on PalmOS). Are you sure you configured Versamail correctly
    As sure as I can be, though I fully admit that I may have done something incorrectly. If you'd like to post the settings you're using that allow Versamail to work with gmail, I'd be much obliged.

sleepy

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyEDB View Post
    As sure as I can be, though I fully admit that I may have done something incorrectly. If you'd like to post the settings you're using that allow Versamail to work with gmail, I'd be much obliged.

sleepy
    I am using Chattermail, not Versamail, so I can't help you troubleshoot versamail. I can tell you that I use Chattermail to keep multiple folders/labels in sync with Gmail's IMAP implementation. For Gmail, I just turned on IMAP access. I do not use Gmails Java application on my Centro (in fact I haven't even installed it). I had it installed on a Blackberry for a while though.

Though I haven't used Versamail with Gmail, there are several threads on this forum with posts from people who have. I would check them out.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Versamail is a pretty solid application for email purposes. It's really Versatile. No pun intended.
    Using a Centro with free ActiveSync at http://www.TheMessageCenter.com