Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm not here to write out a long list of features comparing the Pre and the 755p. I just think it's funny that I'm of two minds about the Pre.

On the one hand, I'm anxious to get one. It's a concept and an implementation that I'm eager to embrace.

On the other hand, my 755p keeps becoming more and more useful to me as I get to know it and its 3rd party applications better and better. (Despite owning the thing for almost 2 years.)

So, I wondered if anyone else was similarly torn regarding their existing 755p and the Pre that is yet to be.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    I feel the same as you west3man. I'm becoming even more attached to my 755p. It took me a long time to learn it and find the best combination of apps that would play well together and not crash it! Now that it's working so great I don't feel the need to upgrade and buy all new apps.
    It's not the prettiest phone anymore re:graphics, but it does everything. voice recorder, card reader, tethered and bluetooth internet connection, gmail, browser, it's got everything I need.
    DO you think you will give it all up for a pre, west3man? And what about all the accessories you bought for the 755p? I have a hard time justifying buying everything all over again, APPS, car mount, chargers, extended batteries, cradles, the list goes on! Let me know your feelings, good to meet another 755p person who appreciates our excellent phone.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by treotreo233 View Post
    I feel the same as you west3man. I'm becoming even more attached to my 755p. It took me a long time to learn it and find the best combination of apps that would play well together and not crash it! Now that it's working so great I don't feel the need to upgrade and buy all new apps.
    It's not the prettiest phone anymore re:graphics, but it does everything. voice recorder, card reader, tethered and bluetooth internet connection, gmail, browser, it's got everything I need.
    DO you think you will give it all up for a pre, west3man? And what about all the accessories you bought for the 755p? I have a hard time justifying buying everything all over again, APPS, car mount, chargers, extended batteries, cradles, the list goes on! Let me know your feelings, good to meet another 755p person who appreciates our excellent phone.
    I may but I'd need to find reasonable facsimilies of the things I dig the most in my 755p. For instance, I may *gulp* return to iTunes and manually download the podcasts that interest me, then put them on the Pre (or access them via Orb or something, if that becomes an option).

I'd love it if the Pre allowed, say, NPR "listen now" links to work on the device.

As for my accessories and whatnot, I didn't buy many for the 755p. I still had some left over from my 650 and I'd learned with my 650 that cases were more trouble than they were worth (not counting belt holsters). The only accessories I'd worry much about would be the battery (I use the HECK out of my batterieS) and I'd want the Pre to come with mic'ed stereo earbuds just like my 755p did.

Although, oddly enough, I've got a set of stereo headphones with mic, that I bought soooo many years ago, for my 650. The Treo's jacks were oriented strangely, though, so it didn't work. I think that, with (or maybe without the built-in) an adapter, it might work with the Pre.

Either way, that's not a huge concern for me. Between stereo earbuds (which I expect for free) and the battery, I'm fine. I can deal with the stuff that's included with the Pre, for a good while, then maybe get a Touchstone if I just HAVE to have one, later.

You?
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    I'm not here to write out a long list of features comparing the Pre and the 755p. I just think it's funny that I'm of two minds about the Pre.

On the one hand, I'm anxious to get one. It's a concept and an implementation that I'm eager to embrace.

On the other hand, my 755p keeps becoming more and more useful to me as I get to know it and its 3rd party applications better and better. (Despite owning the thing for almost 2 years.)

So, I wondered if anyone else was similarly torn regarding their existing 755p and the Pre that is yet to be.
    Wow, I thought I was only one of the crazy people that love the 755p which I think is also about 2 years old (I bought it the day is came out).

I still find new little ways of doing things and have tweaked the living heck out of it and is perfect for the way I work. It is pretty much stable unless I do something like run my one unstable app which is Opera Mini 4.2 that I keep on the 755p for those times when I want to go to a site that Blazer (which is rock solid and fast for me) won't go to.

I wish WebOS would come out in a 755p style form factor as I am not a fan of touching the screen with my fingers - I hate smudgy screens or at least put a Dpad on a Pre.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    This is a great thread. I'm pleased to meet both of you and know that there are other 755p fans out there too. Today I had my ear speaker repaired. I spent an hour without the phone walking around the city and realized how much I missed having it.

I think that the 755p in the right hands like ours who really know what we are doing, is a really powerful tool.

Mouseglider when you say: "I still find new little ways of doing things and have tweaked the living heck out of it and is perfect for the way I work." I totally feel the same way as you. As you know it can get unstable but learning to use this machine and learning how to make it stable has been so much fun. Did you have a treo 650 too? I ported my 650 apps over to the 755p and so all in all I've been working on this platform for years...seems crazy to give it up!

For now I plan on sticking with the 755p. what kind of accessories do you guys use with it? I have the 3200 extended battery and the seidio speaker car kit with bluetooth gps. I mean, with tomtom it's full GPS, what more can we ask for! I hear even the iphone doesn't yet do driveable GPS nav.

west3man, do you use pockettunes? I like that app, especially internet radio. it's become much more stable and listening to internet radio on the 755p is fantastic.

I started subscribing to the sprint on-demand news/live directory assistance/info service. it's called pocket express, costs $4/month which should be included but it's become useful for me. I used to hate sprint but my experience at the repair facility was actually really good. the guys knew what they were doing. I am glad I did not try and replace the ear speaker myself I would have fried it.

I'd be interested in hearing the main apps you both use in your 755ps. we may find some new ideas for the best apps for this device. it sounds like you both really know your way around the machine.
  6.    #6  
    This is a great thread. I'm pleased to meet both of you and know that there are other 755p fans out there too. Today I had my ear speaker repaired. I spent an hour without the phone walking around the city and realized how much I missed having it.

I think that the 755p in the right hands like ours who really know what we are doing, is a really powerful tool.

Mouseglider when you say: "I still find new little ways of doing things and have tweaked the living heck out of it and is perfect for the way I work." I totally feel the same way as you. As you know it can get unstable but learning to use this machine and learning how to make it stable has been so much fun. Did you have a treo 650 too? I ported my 650 apps over to the 755p and so all in all I've been working on this platform for years...seems crazy to give it up!

For now I plan on sticking with the 755p. what kind of accessories do you guys use with it? I have the 3200 extended battery and the seidio speaker car kit with bluetooth gps. I mean, with tomtom it's full GPS, what more can we ask for! I hear even the iphone doesn't yet do driveable GPS nav.
    I've got the big extended battery, as well. I've got various Bluetooth solutions, but those would work with just about any phone, so I'm not worried about that.

I don't have TomTom, but I sure would be interested in maybe trying out one of the old versions to see what a more robust gps solution is like on a 755p. I hear they're not making updates for it anymore AND I hear that it's a tough installation to accomplish.

Meanwhile, I've got Street Atlas USA Plus software on my 650 and 755p. (It is pc software but it comes with a handheld version, for free.) Again, not as robust as Tom Tom, but very useful still.

west3man, do you use pockettunes? I like that app, especially internet radio. it's become much more stable and listening to internet radio on the 755p is fantastic.
    I do, but just because it comes on the device for free. I never bought the deluxe version. Heck, I couldn't even get the trial version of Deluxe to work. I just let it go, eventually, and stuck with Kinoma 4 EX.

That media guide is fantastic. Obviously, no background play going on there, but plenty of other options like downloading the podcast.

I even found a thread with a site link that allows us to download YouTube videos through the 755p. They play back via the 755p's video player (not Kinoma's, believe it or not; dunno if TCPMP plays them) and via QuickTime, if you transfer them to your pc.

How cool is that?!

I started subscribing to the sprint on-demand news/live directory assistance/info service. it's called pocket express, costs $4/month which should be included but it's become useful for me. I used to hate sprint but my experience at the repair facility was actually really good. the guys knew what they were doing. I am glad I did not try and replace the ear speaker myself I would have fried it.
    Express is free, now. TreoCentral recently posted an article about this. http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/2443-1.htm

I don't know if there are certain extra services that one would still have to pay for, but if so, I haven't found them. You might want to check out that link. Maybe save yourself $4/month.

http://www.treocentral.com/content/S...3-1.htmI'd be interested in hearing the main apps you both use in your 755ps. we may find some new ideas for the best apps for this device. it sounds like you both really know your way around the machine.[/QUOTE]
    I use LJP for video game console emulation. I think my old NES, SNES, Genesis, etc. games make fantastic phone games, now.

Kinoma 4 EX is, obviously, a big, big app for me. I use it every single day. Loved using it while biking.

I discovered UniCMD recently. I really wish I'd known about this sooner because FileZ just doesn't handle file management as well as I need it to.

I posted a thread about the "Find" option, recently, but didn't get a single response. It's still on the front page, so I guess this subforum is pretty dead these days.

PDAnet, PowerHero, Where Am I are among some other apps I like.

I DESTROY my battery with all of the streaming I do, which is why the spare comes in handy.

I'm concerned about battery life on the Pre, but I'm really interested in this new platform. I'm thinking that maybe we'll get my girlfriend one, first, since she doesn't use her third-party apps all that much. Then we'll see if it's right for me or if I should wait on a new webOS device to debut.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    Wow, I thought I was only one of the crazy people that love the 755p which I think is also about 2 years old (I bought it the day is came out).

I still find new little ways of doing things and have tweaked the living heck out of it and is perfect for the way I work. It is pretty much stable unless I do something like run my one unstable app which is Opera Mini 4.2 that I keep on the 755p for those times when I want to go to a site that Blazer (which is rock solid and fast for me) won't go to.

I wish WebOS would come out in a 755p style form factor as I am not a fan of touching the screen with my fingers - I hate smudgy screens or at least put a Dpad on a Pre.
    I don't have a lot of experience with "all screen" phones, so I don't have a problem with it. We'll see if that changes once that's just about my ONLY way of getting around.

I have to wonder if they'll allow a virtual d-pad for those apps that will require it. I don't see how one can edit office documents quickly and easily without one. I *am* getting used to the idea of no stylus, though. It looks like web surfing allows for serious zooming - to the point that using our fingers to highlight text may be easy enough.

Palm kept saying you won't see any menus (I thought) in this operating system, but I don't see how that's possible with the higher functioning apps.

If I can't edit office documents on the Pre, I may have to skip it and wait for a new webOS device... or just stick with my 755p until it disintegrates in my hands.
    I love this thread. I am also genuinely seduced by the Pre, but I have no intentions of abandoning Verizon Wireless, which is the most reliable network in my area, and that means I won't see any WebOS enabled device before late 2009 or early 2010. Fortunately, I don't qualify for a 'new every two' until then anyway. That means I'll have to ensure that I can keep my 755p (or subsequent replacement units) healthy for another 9 months or so. I am on my 5th since 12/19/09, the day they were first in users hands on Verizon. (The first was my fault --- I broke the screen), but the rest were the typical access-screen-of-death, camera death, inability to charge issues which ultimately necessitated Palm's supplying me a 'brand new' unit a few weeks ago, probably one of the last on any shelf in Cupertino.

I am at a point where I am very happy with the device's utility. I am not tempted to upgrade any Garnet software at this point, even though some publishers (Dataviz, iambic) are determined to get one last round up upgrades out there before Garnet passes into the great code beyond.

I have a limited number of 'gripes' about the 755p, only one of which makes the Pre attractive. Cable synchronization can still be occasionally buggy. The web browser has certain inherent limitations which become increasingly annoying as web sites evolve. For instance, it's impossible to log in to Woot on a 755p using Blazer. There is still a little 'lag' on the unit from time to time (how quickly we forget the slower processing time of our dear old IIIx's), not every garnet application understands all the keys available on a 755p. I'd like more memory than what I've got (can you ever really have enough RAM?)

But the keyboard is wonderful; the screen is clear; the size is perfect; the external memory invaluable; and the ability to wipe things clean, restore and start over when things get goofy, frankly, is somewhat reassuring.

After 10 years of Palm computing, I'm not sure I'll trust Palm to have a reset free device that will be fully able to recover from a hard reset via the cloud. There hasn't been a Palm device yet that wasn't subject to the vagaries of a hard reset, and I don't have any reason to believe the Pre will be any different.

Sorry I went on so long, but it's something that's been on my mind, too.

Harold
    Mobile lawyering since 1988: Seiko --> Sharp Wizard --> Sharp Zaurus --> Palm III --> IIIx --> Vx --> m515 --> T|2 --> T|3 --> T|X --> Treo 755p --> HTC Droid Incredible
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by hgoldner View Post
    I love this thread. I am also genuinely seduced by the Pre, but I have no intentions of abandoning Verizon Wireless, which is the most reliable network in my area, and that means I won't see any WebOS enabled device before late 2009 or early 2010. Fortunately, I don't qualify for a 'new every two' until then anyway. That means I'll have to ensure that I can keep my 755p (or subsequent replacement units) healthy for another 9 months or so. I am on my 5th since 12/19/09, the day they were first in users hands on Verizon. (The first was my fault --- I broke the screen), but the rest were the typical access-screen-of-death, camera death, inability to charge issues which ultimately necessitated Palm's supplying me a 'brand new' unit a few weeks ago, probably one of the last on any shelf in Cupertino.
    If you've had five 755p's since DECEMBER (!!!) I'm surprised you want to stick with it.

Although, if no other carrier has a decent signal in your area and your two-year agreement is incomplete, I could see why the Pre wouldn't be very high on your to-do list.

I am at a point where I am very happy with the device's utility. I am not tempted to upgrade any Garnet software at this point, even though some publishers (Dataviz, iambic) are determined to get one last round up upgrades out there before Garnet passes into the great code beyond.

I have a limited number of 'gripes' about the 755p, only one of which makes the Pre attractive. Cable synchronization can still be occasionally buggy. The web browser has certain inherent limitations which become increasingly annoying as web sites evolve. For instance, it's impossible to log in to Woot on a 755p using Blazer. There is still a little 'lag' on the unit from time to time (how quickly we forget the slower processing time of our dear old IIIx's), not every garnet application understands all the keys available on a 755p. I'd like more memory than what I've got (can you ever really have enough RAM?)
    My gripe list is getting longer (and sometimes shorter, believe it or not) and that makes the Pre so much more tempting.

But some of those gripes are simply reflections of how old this technology is. I'm ready for multitasking. I do too much with my phone to still be tripped up by this. Simply trying to i.m. someone is kind of a pain from the native application because, if you leave the application, there's a delay before you get notification of the i.m. (and I suspect it might count as a text message, which could suck, depending on one's plan) and, if you try to go back to the application, it takes the same amount of time as if it were loading for the first time.

Again, this takes too darn long.

There are plenty of other gripes. The 755p's Bluetooth functionality was rather outdated when I bought it. I'm sooooo ready for native A2DP instead of having to beg a third-party app to let me do this and them hoping yet another third-party app will be compatible with the first one... and them being p.o.'ed when one or both fail in the middle of a streaming podcast in an application that can't run in the backgroun.... blah blah blah.

I still love my 755p, but these things get OLD.

But the keyboard is wonderful; the screen is clear; the size is perfect; the external memory invaluable; and the ability to wipe things clean, restore and start over when things get goofy, frankly, is somewhat reassuring.

After 10 years of Palm computing, I'm not sure I'll trust Palm to have a reset free device that will be fully able to recover from a hard reset via the cloud. There hasn't been a Palm device yet that wasn't subject to the vagaries of a hard reset, and I don't have any reason to believe the Pre will be any different.

Sorry I went on so long, but it's something that's been on my mind, too.

Harold
    No problem.

I dig a lot of those things, too, although I look forward to a larger screen and a better camera (goodness, yes!).

Expandable memory is a plus in that, if I take a picture with my real digital camera (which can take close-ups that my Treo just blurs up), I can put that card on my phone and send it to someone. But really, since they kept changing the doggone formats to mini and then micro sd even that is less convenient, now, so I guess that one won't be a deal-breaker, for me.
    west3man, and you other 755p power users who have posted on this thread, is kinoma 4ex something that you all use? I can't believe I have been using the 755p for this long and have let that app slip past me.
    I've got pocket tunes for internet radio and music but I am intrigued by the live content of that kinoma. it's hard to justify buying any more apps for Palm at this point, I agree with you hgoldner that the little updates to the garnet apps are hard to take. However there's another part of me that wants to keep wringing every bit of life and new features from the 755p! I was also happy to hear that sprint pocket express is now free. I checked my online account and realized that I wasn't being charged for it anymore. cool. if any of you see a cheap kinoma link pls. send it my way if you can.
    all in all i get the feeling that we who are still using the 755p are satisfied with all it can do but not 100%. I am very interested to see how those of us who upgrade to the pre will like it.
    I will probably wait until I see your responses to the pre before choosing. It'll definitely be either an iphone or a pre for me. I would like to see a garnet emulator on both the pre and the iphone. it would allow me to feel like I have a familiar friend on the new os
    Great thread! I too am very happy with my 755P. After two years, through trial & error, I've finally optimized it to run exactly how I want. I love the idea of the Pre, but am wary of having my data in the cloud. The 755p is built like a tank too. I've dropped it on cement, from waist height and not a glitch.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Definitely have the same issue! Want to go to the Pre but after some work, really like my 755 again. I've used a Treo since the 600 (and a 300 a bit before that). I've carried some applications along for ages and am finally getting the thing stable after getting rid of a few clunkers and upgrading and changing to newer software. It's tweeked to where I like it and comfortable like an old shoe.
    TTFN
    Wow! I agree...with all of you.

I love my 755p but I think it really came from the fact that I got a data plan recently, which seemed to open up a whole world of possibilities. Unfortunately, it caused me to hard reset everything, which in turn got rid of the old junk from 650 and m505 (believe it or not!), and now I can do just about anything! I've got an 8GB card (for music, where I use pTunes and an iPod touch screen) and to transfer stuff from my work computer and bring it home via card reader, can be tethered and have a Garmin GPS. I've personalized it w/my launcher, have awesome icons and just truly enjoy it. (If I can only figure out an e-mail program to auto-update/sync with my Yahoo account. It only retrieves mail from the Inbox and not the other folders I have created using the filter messages feature.)

My latest "useful" software application that I added was LinkStart...so that I've transferred virtually all of my games to the card (much better than just the "copy" feature, allowing things to be moved that "copy" couldn't), keeping more space for things to come.

Like many of you, I would "like" to get a Pre, but I am soooo happy w/the 755. I'm locked into my Verizon contract so Feb. of next year is the earliest I could even think of changing (but just devices bec. our contract lasts longer). With the Verizon corporate discount (for my wife's employer) I can't even imagine leaving Verizon.

All in all, I am EXTREMELY happy. It's nice to hear that others are, too!
    I've had my Sprint Treo 755p arguably before anyone else did. I somehow was able to buy my 755p two days before the official release date. To this day, it's still humming along, with only a minor glitch of having a couple keys going bad on me (namely the "T" and "U" keys).

My 755p is used pretty much every waking hour of the day, and is the most useful thing I use, next to my laptop computers. I have so many useful programs installed that I hate the thought of giving it up. I don't know about the rest of you, but I've spent hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of dollars on programs and accessories for my Treos. Such a waste to give it up!

I'm debating that if I were to get a Pre, I would probably still hold on to my 755p, and have the Pre as a second phone line. I'm not yet willing to go cold turkey from the 755p to the Pre overnight. I will probably end up paying the cost for an extra phone line for awhile, until I can feel comfortable the Pre will be able to do everything I need it to do. If that happens, then I may deactivate my 755p, and transfer my phone number to the Pre.

I really, really, really want a bigger screen with a better web browser. I can't stand the fact that iPhone users have such a better web browser than us Treo users. Ideally, if I had my wish, I would rather a new Treo device with the same Palm OS, but with a bigger screen and better web browser. Is that too much to ask?
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung View Post
    I've had my Sprint Treo 755p arguably before anyone else did. I somehow was able to buy my 755p two days before the official release date. To this day, it's still humming along, with only a minor glitch of having a couple keys going bad on me (namely the "T" and "U" keys).

My 755p is used pretty much every waking hour of the day, and is the most useful thing I use, next to my laptop computers. I have so many useful programs installed that I hate the thought of giving it up. I don't know about the rest of you, but I've spent hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of dollars on programs and accessories for my Treos. Such a waste to give it up!

I'm debating that if I were to get a Pre, I would probably still hold on to my 755p, and have the Pre as a second phone line. I'm not yet willing to go cold turkey from the 755p to the Pre overnight. I will probably end up paying the cost for an extra phone line for awhile, until I can feel comfortable the Pre will be able to do everything I need it to do. If that happens, then I may deactivate my 755p, and transfer my phone number to the Pre.
    Since I got my 755p, I've kept my 650 as a backup device. I use it when I want to do certain things while on a call or without worrying about phone calls interrupting me. That'd be cool - especially while waiting to see if the Pre is for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung View Post
    I really, really, really want a bigger screen with a better web browser. I can't stand the fact that iPhone users have such a better web browser than us Treo users. Ideally, if I had my wish, I would rather a new Treo device with the same Palm OS, but with a bigger screen and better web browser. Is that too much to ask?
    Heh. I feel you.

I'm ready for faster web surfing and the ability to load more websites (currently I sometimes encounter, let's say, a list of ebay search results that won't display on the phone). That's a big part of my interest in the Pre.

Too bad we won't be able to type in landscape mode, though.
    As to keeping an older device around, that's why I don't have the heart to part with my T|X. The screen is much kinder to my eyes, and the wifi abilities enable it to serve as a 'mini laptop' when paired with an external keyboard.

That has been less of an issue, admittedly, since I purchased a netbook, but I'm still toying with modding the T|X and keeping it current. There's an outfit in Minnesota which will swap out the OEM power button, notorious for failing, replace the digitizer with a glass digitizer screen which is more reliable and accurate (and less prone to failure) and even install an internal microphone so the unit has everything my old T|2 and T|3 used to have. Plus the T|X has more memory (and with Dmitri Grinburg's utility can even take SDHC cards).

So when the Pre comes out, or whatever WebOS phone Verizone Wireless sells next year, it's probably my 755p I'll part with ---- not sure about the T|X though.

Harold
    Mobile lawyering since 1988: Seiko --> Sharp Wizard --> Sharp Zaurus --> Palm III --> IIIx --> Vx --> m515 --> T|2 --> T|3 --> T|X --> Treo 755p --> HTC Droid Incredible
    I'm in the club too. I have been frustrated by the slowness of my 755 and tried Lightspeed to pick up the pace some (with marginal improvement).

To this end I bought the new Pro, and although it was much faster, it took 2-3 times more taps/clicks/scrolls to get somewhere so I returned it and apologized to my 755 for thinking isn't wasn't a great device. After venturing out I find that it suits my needs, has great versatility and easy of use.

I would like the Pre cause it looks cool but time will tell.
  18.    #18  
    As to keeping an older device around, that's why I don't have the heart to part with my T|X. The screen is much kinder to my eyes, and the wifi abilities enable it to serve as a 'mini laptop' when paired with an external keyboard.

That has been less of an issue, admittedly, since I purchased a netbook, but I'm still toying with modding the T|X and keeping it current. There's an outfit in Minnesota which will swap out the OEM power button, notorious for failing, replace the digitizer with a glass digitizer screen which is more reliable and accurate (and less prone to failure) and even install an internal microphone so the unit has everything my old T|2 and T|3 used to have. Plus the T|X has more memory (and with Dmitri Grinburg's utility can even take SDHC cards).

So when the Pre comes out, or whatever WebOS phone Verizone Wireless sells next year, it's probably my 755p I'll part with ---- not sure about the T|X though.

Harold
    I looked up the T|X to refresh my memory a bit and man I'm jealous of that screen size.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by slorandy View Post
    I'm in the club too. I have been frustrated by the slowness of my 755 and tried Lightspeed to pick up the pace some (with marginal improvement).

To this end I bought the new Pro, and although it was much faster, it took 2-3 times more taps/clicks/scrolls to get somewhere so I returned it and apologized to my 755 for thinking isn't wasn't a great device.
    LOL

The 2-3 times thing is what I've heard about WinMo, as well, and it's a huge reason why I'm doing what I can not to go down that road. It may sound like a little thing to some but ease-of-use goes a long way, with me.

That's another reason why I've really, really been hoping for good things from "Nova" so that I wouldn't have to settle for WinMo or Bb.
    [QUOTE=slorandy;1574404After venturing out I find that it suits my needs, has great versatility and easy of use.

I would like the Pre cause it looks cool but time will tell.[/QUOTE]
    That's all? Cool-factor?

Hm. Well, maybe this WILL be an iPhone killer, after all!
    Besides some software mods, here are few pictures of the insides of a 755p that I thought you guys might enjoy. I had to take my baby apart to replace my LCD screen as I had one burnt pixel. I could have let the Sprint Tech do it because I have insurance but I decided to do it myself since I wanted to modify my speaker for "direct fire audio" because sometimes in loud places it is easier to hear the audio that way - without the speaker mod, the audio has to radiate out the top thin slit.

One of my favorite apps that I like to use is RDM+ so I can remote desktop into my home computers to perform maintenance which also lets me operate all my attached webcams if needed to check on things.

I have to say, my 755p allows me to virtually do whatever I want it to do - and if I can't do it from my phone, I can remote desktop in and do whatever I need as if I were at my home desktop - I just love this thing!

Here are some pictures - just cut and paste without the quotes

"http://www.remotesystems.com/images/755 take apart 018b.jpg" = full face of 755p
    "http://www.remotesystems.com/images/755 take apart 020b.jpg" = close up of front part of speaker
    "http://www.remotesystems.com/images/755 take apart 004b.jpg" = all internal pieces
    "http://www.remotesystems.com/images/755 take apart 013b.jpg" = full shot of lcd
    "http://www.remotesystems.com/images/755 take apart 013c.jpg" = drilled speaker hole from the inside
    "http://www.remotesystems.com/images/755 take apart 008b.jpg" = speaker mod of surrounding gromet

Safeguard tells me I have 82 apps loaded = yikes! But they all work together nicely and everything is stable except when I browse alot with Opera Mini For me Blazer is still best and has never reset my phone like Opera Mini, but I keep Opera Mini because I am hoping that they will day makes it stable on my 755p as it is nice to play with Opera Mini every once in a while.
    Last edited by MouseGlider; 03/26/2009 at 03:19 PM.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast