1.    #1  
    Callers can hear me fine, but I cannot hear anything. Strange thing is that on the phone ap, I don't even get the speakerphone icon anymore...so i can't even try to switch to speakerphone mode. This has now happened 2x in the past month. My first 755 was great for a LONG time, then all of a dudden I couldn't hear anything, got it traded out for a NEW (not refurb) one...that was less than a month ago...and now it's hving the same probel. is this a common failure or am I justt lucky? Think there's any chance of getting them to upgrade me since this has happened 2x in a month?
    Last edited by StormChaser; 03/19/2009 at 07:35 AM. Reason: Its a 755, not a 750
    Dave
    Sprint Pre User Who LOVED his Pre but left for a more supported phone (EVO Shift)...maybe one day Sprint & HP will see the light and bring us a great 4g capable Pre replacement!
  2.    #2  
    OK, I fixed it. turns out thjat the little switch for the headset plug SUCKS and got stuck. All I had to do was plug in my headset and unplug it a few times. Question, can it be lubricated or fixed somehow so it doesn't stick? Maybe spray some WD-40 on the headset plug and put it in & out a few times to lubricate the switch?
    Dave
    Sprint Pre User Who LOVED his Pre but left for a more supported phone (EVO Shift)...maybe one day Sprint & HP will see the light and bring us a great 4g capable Pre replacement!
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    You may want to use a non-conductive electonic parts cleaner that is safe for plastics.

Spray some cleaner on the headset plug and use the same procedure you used before, plug-in and un-plug several times.

There is an article on the Palm website regarding this issue.

Go to palm.com. In the upper right corner of the page is a search box. enter the following number, 40427, and click on the magnifying glass beside the box to complete the search. The article should show up under the support heading.
    Thanks for the post guys. I just registered here because your info was so helpful to my exact situation. After three days of frustration I fixed my phone in seconds, it was doing the same thing. Now I am going to give it a soft blow through with some air.

Cheers
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Thanks for the input.