1.    #1  
    I got a Treo 680 as a backup device and set it up using Resco's backup restore of my old and principal 680. My original and primary 680 is about 18 months old. The newer one is new, of course.

The new one--the one set up with a backup---never seems to work quite right in terms of stylus taps. Yes, I've used the touchscreen setup utility multiple times.

but it is just a little off. It always seems to need a tap a bit away from where it should be--no biggie on big buttons, but significant with finer work.

Any ideas what causes this and how to fix it?
    On your Treo 680 go into your Prefs (Preferences) then click on "Touch Screen". There you will have the option for screen alignment. Click the targets the best and most accurately you can. See if that works for you
  3.    #3  
    As noted, I have already done that--and several times. Doesn't help.
    Ok, sorry about that. You can try a hard reset but it could be the digitzers/ touchscreen going out
    what about trying those digitezer applications for TX, like powerdigi
  6.    #6  
    Interesting suggestion, thanks. Have you used it? I hate to pay for something that should be a given.

I wonder if the fact that I restored using Resco Explorer's backup has anything to do with this? That is, my original device was one of the early 680s. The backup is relatively new. Perhaps there is some subtle difference in them...
    If it doesn't have a slot for SDHC--I don't want it. Period.
  7.    #7  
    I downloaded it, worked great. It was hard getting a serial number as the customer service seems flaky, but the program was perfect. Many thanks.
    If it doesn't have a slot for SDHC--I don't want it. Period.