Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just got a snap on case for my Centro and it is a pain to take off. I end up having to reset my centro 3-4 times a week and I'm thinking this case is going to make it difficult to reset if I can't find a piece of software that will allow me to reset a frozen centro without removing the battery. I doubt there is such software but I thought I'd ask here before ditching the cover.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    My PDA progression Palm III -> Palm IIIXE -> PALM IIIC -> PALM M130 -> iPaq H2215 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Centro
  3.    #3  
    I downloaded Soft Reset but there doesn't seem to be a way to program it to reset my Centro in case it freezes. It's the only time I need to soft reset my phone and there is no way to get to the program if the Centro is totally frozen.
    Something is wrong, hardware or software-wise, if you keep having to reset your Centro. It is the most Stable phone Palm has made. If you have Express, delete that. If you don't, do a hard reset and start from scratch. If it keeps freezing after a hard reset and virgin apps, it is a hardware problem.
  5.    #5  
    My biggest culprit is Opera which freezes about 40% of the time but I have to live with it because I can't get on my work webmail through Blazer. I like Express and that came bundled with the Centro didn't it? Is this program a problem for everyone because I've never had a single problem with it? The constant freezing to me is a smaller price to pay than having to live without Opera and some of my other vital apps. I doubt my Centro would reset as much if I didn't work it so hard, it's just a bummer that I can't have a case on it because of this.
    I don't think Express is a problem for all, just some users. Some Launchers like TealOS and Initiate have menu options to do a reset.But if the Centro freezes, no software program will work.
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    But if the Centro freezes, no software program will work.
    And that's the problem. It's too bad that no one has programmed a key combination to force a reset, like pressing the side key and power button simultaneously. A hardware combination like that could preempt whatever is causing the device to freeze...
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    If the Centro is frozen no key presses would register so there no way for that to work. I recomend Safegaurd by GoTreo . It stopps resets. Use it on my Centro and when program goes into a reset loop it will stop it and allow me to kill the program. Very nice software.

Go Treo Software, Inc. - SafeGuard
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    If the Centro is frozen no key presses would register so there no way for that to work. I recomend Safegaurd by GoTreo . It stopps resets. Use it on my Centro and when program goes into a reset loop it will stop it and allow me to kill the program. Very nice software.

Go Treo Software, Inc. - SafeGuard
    Except that the developer is MIA and support is out of the question at this point.
    Really wow . I did not know. Sorry for suggesting it. Good to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisl View Post
    Except that the developer is MIA and support is out of the question at this point.
    dennisl,

The developer has been a very solid contributor to these forums as well as created some good apps including SafeGuard.

Did he not respond to a request/email? Just wondering why you thought he was MIA?

TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    yeah I was gonna say I had an issue latley and they responded to my email. Its a great app.
  13.    #13  
    I tried Safeguard when I first got my centro almost a year ago and I don't remember it cutting down on my resets - it just informed which app caused it - which was usually pretty obvious because it was mostly the app I was using. Are there settings I neglected to use that can actually prevent freezes and resets?
    On mine Safeguard stopped some resets BUT it stopped all reset loops and for me since could never figure out what programs were casuing the reset it alerted me to the ones causing it and after removing them my Centro was ( and is again since I started using it again last month) reset free so far. It will not stop the basic reset BUT again will stop the reset loop that causes you to have to HARD reset and alert you to what program OR programs casue the reset. a few times i found out it was 2 apps that were open at the same time casuing it . very nice piece of software worth every penny if you get resets and cant figure out why.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    dennisl,

The developer has been a very solid contributor to these forums as well as created some good apps including SafeGuard.

Did he not respond to a request/email? Just wondering why you thought he was MIA?

TIA
    Yes I have not gotten a response to multiple inquiries, and there is also this:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/je...ml#post1568057
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisl View Post
    Yes I have not gotten a response to multiple inquiries, and there is also this:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/je...ml#post1568057
    dennisl,
    Sorry you haven't received a reply. This is not typical of my experience with the developer.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Looks like they are MIA only recently ( the new year) . I know Jeff was having back surgery and was in need of more employees but maybe this economy got to his company also.
    I use Crash Pro on my Centro... they've got a 14 day trial.

If it catches your Opera crashes it would definitely be worth the $10.
  19.    #19  
    thanks for the recommendation notmuch. It seems that from reading the reviews that some people have not had much luck with this program on their Centro. I'll try it out and report back.
    This just serves to remind me to be super conservative about adding stuff to my new Centro. I was going to try the other browser, but now...nahhh, I'll just live with Blazer now that I've got it tweaked to run well. And I'll jump to Teal soon just because it's too cool! But no hurry.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast