1.    #1  
    I went into BB today looking for a Treo Pro and noticed that they were selling the Centro for $49 ($52.74 with tax) with a 2 year contract. So I went ahead and upgraded my wife's old 755p. Sprint will take the 755p back and give us $50. So that is not a bad deal at all, just in case anyone is looking for one. They had the black, green, and berry in stock.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    How much with no contract?
  3.    #3  
    Sorry, I didn't pay attention to that price. But I have to stop by tomorrow morning so I will take a look.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Was at Best Buy yesterday , The Centro is $50 with contract and $519 without. I checked online and the same thing

Welcome to our Wireless World
    Wow. Thank you for the info. I have been looking for a centro on verizon but I'm not ready for my every two.
    I bought an unlocked Centro in Hong Kong for about $300. Can't believe anyone would pay >$500!
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    Believe it or not, this is not the lowest historical price on the Centro from BB. In January, the new 128mb (just in rose & green, however) models were on sale nationwide at BB for free w/ new contract or $20 for existing customer renewals. And last August, shortly after it was released, BB had the Verizon Centro for free as well to new customers, though existing renewals had to pay $60.

FWIW, the Green Centro on Sprint is scheduled to be EOL'd this June and the remaining colors the following month (July). So now is definitely the time to grab one if you want a Garnet-based device! No word when Verizon is going to EOL their Centro but I'd imagine it'll be plus or minus a month from the Sprint date...though with Verizon it's always hard to tell.
    Pilot 1000-->Pilot 5000-->PalmPilot Pro-->IIIe-->Vx-->m505-->T|T-->T|T2-->T|C-->T|T3-->T|T5-->TX-->Verizon Treo 700P-->Verizon Treo 755p-->Verizon Motorola Droid + Verizon Centro--> Verizon Motorola Droid X + Palm TX-->Verizon Droid Bionic + Palm TX
    Our BB had the Centro advertised FREE for new customers and $49,99 upgrade. Not bad at all.
    The current price for an unlocked Centro in Hong Kong is about $250 at expansys FWIW.
    "No word when Verizon is going to EOL their Centro but I'd imagine it'll be plus or minus a month from the Sprint date...though with Verizon it's always hard to tell."

Maybe VZW will hold on to it alittle longer. Dont forget they waited 6 months to release it after the Sprint exclusive period ended.
    New sprint version can be had from several reputable sellers for less than $200 and no contract on ebay.
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
    ...just make sure you get one with a clean ESN !!!
    Hey captindan, why don't you do what I did to get a brand new Centro.

I got another line of service on my account ($10 per month), and got the Centro for about $50. So total price after 2 years is $290. I felt that this was a more economical way to get the phone without having to wait for the new every two BS.
    Quote Originally Posted by e_drummer53 View Post
    ...just make sure you get one with a clean ESN !!!
    How can you tell?