1.    #1  
    If one was to replace a brpken-screen Centro with a new Centro, is getting all of the data/settings/prefs/apps over to the new phone as basic as a simple hotsync? No other trickery involved?
    It's just that easy.
  3.    #3  
    OK. Thanks, Alli.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr View Post
    If one was to replace a brpken-screen Centro with a new Centro, is getting all of the data/settings/prefs/apps over to the new phone as basic as a simple hotsync? No other trickery involved?
    I use NV Backup to my card before getting the new phone, then I can restore the new phone while I'm still in the store. Works great and I've never had a problem with any of my program registrations. Just don't forget to take your card out before you give them the phone.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  5.    #5  
    Another good possibility, thanks RickMG.

A quick follow-up question on the hotsync method: should I go into hotsync manager and change setting so that desktop backup folder overwrites device?
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr View Post
    Another good possibility, thanks RickMG.

A quick follow-up question on the hotsync method: should I go into hotsync manager and change setting so that desktop backup folder overwrites device?
    That can't hurt, but it should be set that they syncronize, meaning that whatever is on each will be on the other. You can copy and rename your backup folder so you have a spare in case of problems, but that's why I like the NV Backup method. By the way, NV Backup is free.

http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...kage_id=186018
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Make sure you name your new one the same as the old or it won't snych.
  8.    #8  
    I backed up with NVBackup, but wanted to try the hotsync method for the new device. No good, it's giving me problems (not transferring Tasks/Memos/Calendar/Contact being the most significant, and not maiitaining my user name).

I'm trying one more time, and if it's still no good I'll hard reset and try to restore via NVBackup.
  9.    #9  
    UPDATE: The 2nd hotsync worked. However, I lost a TON of settings/prefs, and all of my email accounts, even with Reset Doctor. Maybe I can see if NVBackup has any of that info.

Thanks for the help.
    Quick question for Rick...is the NVbackup copy that you make self extracting? What I mean is, can you just click on the file in the directory and it does the restore itself?