1.    #1  
    Can this be done easy and OTR?

Stupid WM6.1 won't let me transfer the entire phonebook via BT (has to be one at a time) and there is no Google Contacts Sync for Centro unless it's paid like GooSync.
    You can always get Activesync (for Windows XP) or Windows Mobile Device Center (for Vista) and sync your information to from your 800w to Microsoft Outlook. Once your data is in Microsoft Outlook you install Palm Desktop and Hotsync manager. During the installation process it will ask you if you want to sync to Palm Desktop or Outlook, select Outlook. It should grab all your information and pull it onto your Centro. If you already have installed Palm Desktop, to convert Hotsync to Sync with Outlook follow these instructions:

Click Start
    Go to Programs
    Go to Palm
    Click PIM Conduit Sync
    Then click Sync to Outlook

You may get a prompt, agree to the prompt then perform a hotsync operation.

Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

-Pat
  3.    #3  
    Appreciate the response.

I was looking for more of an OTA only process. I've never been a fan of the Palm Desktop syncing debacle... found this:

syncML support = Palm OS support possible? - Google Mobile Help
    What about the free Exchange server from mail2web.com? You could sync your 800w with it, and then your Centro using Versamail.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    What about the free Exchange server from mail2web.com? You could sync your 800w with it, and then your Centro using Versamail.
    GREAT call on that Alli. Never thought of the m2w exchange!

Thanks
    My pleasure.

I am in full blown alternate pim cloud sync mode these days. I may actually have just found a way to keep everything always in sync, have a desktop alternative to Outlook, and keep calendar (but not contact) categories.

Stay tuned!
  7.    #7  
    Someone is eagerly awaiting the PRE

EDIT: I don't like the sad winky face emoticon on TC.
    It started cause I was anxiously awaiting the Pre. Now I'm not so sure the Pre will be for me, and it's just become an exercise of will.

Regardless of whether we move to the Pre or not, "the cloud" is obviously the future. And Outlook still sucks. We may as well start carving out our niche now, non?