1.    #1  
    I recently bought zLauncher. I can't figure out how to add a picture to the background as a wallpaper. Help appreciated. Thanks.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Hi Casey

The bkg images are part of a ZL Theme.

You need to put any images you want to use in the ZL BackImage folder:

SDcard/Palm/Programs/ZLauncher/BackImage

Then, from within ZL: Go to Top menu, App, Theme Manager, BackImage and choose the image you want. They usually seem to be jpgs.

There are some nice free Themes (including images) at

Leslie Franke - Files

good luck!

also FYI:

Here's a breakdown I did once of the elements that influence the "look" of ZL, including themes:

A ZL "look" derives from at least four components:

1. The "theme" or skin that controls the look of all the (nearly 400!) doo-dads (tabs/scroll-bars/etc). There are many existing ones to choose from e.g. see:]

Leslie Franke's amazing free stuff at:
    Leslie Franke - Files

or

HPSkinStudio lets you edit existing themes, or create entirely new ones (and also those available for PalmRevolt) and this wonderful app is only $5 now.

2. The icon set used for application icons. Many pre-existing sets exist (e.g. see Franke site above). I believe you can create your own using the ZL third-party app Iconfactory.

3. The background that sits behind the app icons. Franke's site has nice ones, but you can use any image of your own.

4. The settings within ZL itself, by which you select the specific theme, icon set and background that you want, and many, many other fine details of the display.

There are also ways to alter the fonts used by ZL, but I dont know about that.
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by TRgEOff View Post
    Hi Casey

The bkg images are part of a ZL Theme.

You need to put any images you want to use in the ZL BackImage folder:

SDcard/Palm/Programs/ZLauncher/BackImage

Then, from within ZL: Go to Top menu, App, Theme Manager, BackImage and choose the image you want. They usually seem to be jpgs.

There are some nice free Themes (including images) at

Leslie Franke - Files

good luck!

also FYI:

Here's a breakdown I did once of the elements that influence the "look" of ZL, including themes:

A ZL "look" derives from at least four components:

1. The "theme" or skin that controls the look of all the (nearly 400!) doo-dads (tabs/scroll-bars/etc). There are many existing ones to choose from e.g. see:]

Leslie Franke's amazing free stuff at:
    Leslie Franke - Files

or

HPSkinStudio lets you edit existing themes, or create entirely new ones (and also those available for PalmRevolt) and this wonderful app is only $5 now.

2. The icon set used for application icons. Many pre-existing sets exist (e.g. see Franke site above). I believe you can create your own using the ZL third-party app Iconfactory.

3. The background that sits behind the app icons. Franke's site has nice ones, but you can use any image of your own.

4. The settings within ZL itself, by which you select the specific theme, icon set and background that you want, and many, many other fine details of the display.

There are also ways to alter the fonts used by ZL, but I dont know about that.

Thank you so much! Much appreciated. I can now change my wallpaper thanks to your helpful instructions. Thanks for the other additional info too!

Casey
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!