Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Are there any internet browsers that are really good that have the swipe feature to browse the site that doesnt fill the screen properly? Instead of having to trying and push the scroll bar.... I'm a newb, thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by flash67 View Post
    Are there any internet browsers that are really good that have the swipe feature to browse the site that doesnt fill the screen properly? Instead of having to trying and push the scroll bar.... I'm a newb, thanks!
    I'm not sure I understand your question but I'll give it a stab anyway...

Opera Mini has the swipe feature so you can see sites (some, not all) the way they were meant to be. You must, however, also have IBM Java VM installed. Best of luck.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Ahh ok.. how do i get IBM java Vm?
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Ok well I've installed a java that i found on google... and then installed opera... and My phone has never been more glitchy until doing that....

TealOS and Opera do not work together on my phone... If I open opera, in the top left corner, a box is shown with the Teal OS interface, and I cant get back into Opera... What version of opera should I be using?? Are there any other similar web browsers?

Opera also keeps popping up asking me if it can use airtime data or some **** just in case it terminates.... It basically comes up everytime I try to browse a web page... Opera blows imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by flash67 View Post
    Ok well I've installed a java that i found on google... and then installed opera... and My phone has never been more glitchy until doing that....

TealOS and Opera do not work together on my phone... If I open opera, in the top left corner, a box is shown with the Teal OS interface, and I cant get back into Opera... What version of opera should I be using?? Are there any other similar web browsers?

Opera also keeps popping up asking me if it can use airtime data or some **** just in case it terminates.... It basically comes up everytime I try to browse a web page... Opera blows imo.

Hi:

Sorry I didn't have time to respond to your last message this morning before getting out the door. I seem to recall that I got my version of IBM Java VM from the downloads section of mytreo.net -- check their web site.

I'm sorry I can't help w/the Teal OS conflict. I use Treo Launcher, religiously.

I'm not even sure what the latest version of Opera is, wait, according to the About screen (which takes forever to get to) it is 4.2.13337.

And that leads me to your other comment (about it blowing), I'm pretty much in agreement. (It asks me the same question about using airtime (if someone knows how to turn that off, please say how!).) I ended up having to do a hard reset on my 755p to get it to work -- that's no fun -- as the first install (of the same programs, Opera Mini & IBM Java VM, had huge conflicts w/my stuff) but did eventually get it to work (properly). Just not sure there is much reason to use, rather than staying w/Blazer. If you feel as strongly as it sounds you do, then I'd maybe recommend that you stick w/Blazer and do a search for a thread of personalizing the treo/centro by phwelo where you can change the icons on Blazer (and some other things) to make it look more up-to-date.

Best of luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofdatreo View Post
    Hi:

And that leads me to your other comment (about it blowing), I'm pretty much in agreement. (It asks me the same question about using airtime (if someone knows how to turn that off, please say how!).)

Best of luck.
    There's a replacement for secpol.prc in a post by (I think) MFB somewhere in Treocentral. Replace the existing secpol.prc with that one and you will never again have the question asked.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad