1.    #1  
    Hi, I bought my centro quite awhile back, and have had problems with it ever since, but not enough for me to really complain about.

At first it was just every few days it would randomly reboot. I thought maybe it had downloaded a firmware update or something so I paid it no mind.. Now it is randomly rebooting a lot, and 70% of the time my calls won't go out, and barely any calls come in, the only way I know if someone calls me most of the time is to check my voicemail... if I can get my phone to dial out.

I'm not really sure what to do, I've contacted palm and they told me to follow instructions to reset my phone on another page and didn't reply to me when I told them it didn't work.

Please help!
    Holly Elijah
    Web/Graphic Design
    Now: AT&T Glacier Centro
    Then: Cingular Treo 650 - Cingular Blackberry 8700
    The only way to know if it is a hardware or software problem is to do a hard reset (search for this if you don't know how) and use it for a couple of days. If you have the same problems, it is hardware and it is probably out of warranty. If it doesn't have problems, don't hotsync your old data. Change the name Backup folder in your Palm user folder and first install a backup program. Then slowly, over a few days, install your other programs and see if you have problems. If you do after installing one, restore a backup and don't install that program any more.

Is this your first palm, or did you have one before this?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    The only way to know if it is a hardware or software problem is to do a hard reset (search for this if you don't know how) and use it for a couple of days. If you have the same problems, it is hardware and it is probably out of warranty. If it doesn't have problems, don't hotsync your old data. Change the name Backup folder in your Palm user folder and first install a backup program. Then slowly, over a few days, install your other programs and see if you have problems. If you do after installing one, restore a backup and don't install that program any more.

Is this your first palm, or did you have one before this?
    No, I had a Treo 650 before... never had a problem with it.

I'll try to hard reset again and we'll see what happens.
    Holly Elijah
    Web/Graphic Design
  4.    #4  
    Okay, I have hard reset, and have attempted to hotsync... I went to hotsync manager so it wouldn't restore my apps, but everytime I hotsync it tries to restore my apps anyway. Any advice?
    Holly Elijah
    Web/Graphic Design
    You need to do a selective restore. Do another hard reset, but before syncing, rename your backup folder on your pc. Then sync, and when prompted choose your old hotsync name.

You will get your pim data back, but none of your apps.
    try this app - it's a miracle -

Pimlico Software - DbFixIt
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollee View Post
    No, I had a Treo 650 before... never had a problem with it.

I'll try to hard reset again and we'll see what happens.
    So, did you hotsync all your 650 data and programs into your Centro with the same username? If so, that is the problem and do a hard reset and clean installs.